Most disliked Everton players XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barmby, Barkley etc obviously deserve their nominations for how they acted off the field, and we've had our fair share of utter tripe players, but no-one made my blood boil whilst playing as much as Schneiderlin. What a a coward and a fraud of a player... pretend to go for a tackle and pull out every time. Disgrace.

Howard
Neville Holgate Funnes Mori Hinchcliffe
Barmby Schniederlin Nyarko Van de Meyde
Lukaku Lineaker
Hinchcliffe, he was ok wasn't he? I can think of a lot worse.
Lineker only hung around for a season, so fair enough. We were just a stepping stone & he wanted European football.
Lukaku - four seasons, 53 goals in 110 games. You would sell your grandmother to slave traders in exchange for that at the moment.

I had a real intense dislike for Simon Davies during his time here. Such a weak piss poor player who hid until he got his move when he realised the fans didn't rate him.

We signed this joker when we'd just finished 4th. £4.5m he cost which was a massive amount for us then. Terrible acquisition by Moyes, players like Davies were never going to get us into the CL group stages.

I must have spent hundreds texting into the local radio stations slagging him off after every game after his endless anonymous 'performances' for us, much to the annoyance of his chief apologist back then, Barry Horne who was at Radio City.

I recall I booed very loudly when Davies name was read out pre-game when he came back with Fulham a few months after we binned him and, on my own, booing his every touch during the game.

A pathetic player who I really couldn't stand.

Last edited:

I had a real intense dislike for Simon Davies during his time here. Such a weak piss poor player who hid until he got his move when he realised the fans didn't rate him.

We signed this joker when we'd just finished 4th. £4.5m he cost which was a massive amount for us then. Terrible acquisition by Moyes, players like Davies were never going to get us into the CL group stages.

I must have spent hundreds texting into the local radio stations slagging him off after every game after his endless anonymous 'performances' for us, much to the annoyance of his chief apologist back then, Barry Horne who was at Radio City.

I recall I booed very loudly when Davies name was read out pre-game when he came back with Fulham a few months after we binned him and, on my own, booing his every touch during the game.

Davies was quiet quitting before quiet quitting was a thing.

Absolutely love this. I remember he scored some weird long range goal that the keeper totally fluffed, an absolute fluke, then ran off celebrating like it was an absolute worldie. Rubbish winger.

everton-john-spencer-scotland-206-54660-p.jpg

Why would anyone hate Danny Williamson?

Played about 15 games for us including a really good performance in the derby before getting two horrific injuries and never playing football again.
I don't hate Williamson. He looked to be a good buy when he came from West Ham.

But I am surprised by some of the players listed here.

Thought he might make list as someone who cost a lot of money over four seasons with zero return - but as you point out, not his fault.

Same as Gbamin, & he seems to raise the ire of many supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.