Moshiri v Kenwright. Is There a Split At the Top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
I have often wondered if there is harmony at the top of our club or different factions who work against each other.

It appears Kenwright has DBB & Sharp in his camp but are they on the same page as Moshiri or is one faction in conflict with the other?

Sharp has defended DBB, suggesting she’s working tirelessly for the good of the club. Does this mean the Kenwright camp feel they are hamstrung by Moshiri & he’s the reason the club is in a mess? Moshiri says ‘it’s not up to him’ to sack Lampard, so does this mean the Club’s Governance is managed by the Board & he’s merely the paymaster?

I need help understanding the dynamic at the top of the club. is there harmony between Moshiri and Kenwright or is their conflict at the centre of our problems?

I honestly don’t know the answers to the questions I pose, I have no idea who does what, whether they are at war or all part of the same cosy group.

I don’t know, but I’m certain that if Moshiri wanted to sack the manager (and could afford it) he could and would do.

His answer to the sky cameras was his swerving the question.

He’s stayed away for 2 years. Why is he there now if not related to at least one of the two managers in the stadium yesterday.

I have often wondered if there is harmony at the top of our club or different factions who work against each other.

It appears Kenwright has DBB & Sharp in his camp but are they on the same page as Moshiri or does one faction blame the other?

Sharp has defended DBB, suggesting she’s working tirelessly for the good of the club. Does this mean the Kenwright camp feel they are hamstrung by Moshiri & he’s the reason the club is in a mess? Moshiri says ‘it’s not up to him’ to sack Lampard, so does this mean the Club’s Governance is managed by the Board & he’s merely the paymaster?

I need help understanding the dynamic at the top of the club. is there harmony between Moshiri and Kenwright or is their conflict at the centre of our problems? I honestly don’t know the answers to the questions I pose.

I think, speculate, that given the performance of the entire club and the extra pressure our history brings with it that it's inconceivable that any harmony exists. Their could be personal loyalty from DBB and Sharp to Kenwright as he projects "caring" better than Moshiri - who, let's not forget - hamstrung and then torpedoed any chance at us rallying together as a club to face this latest relegation catastrophe.

It would also be a factor that DBB, Sharp and Kenwright are in the proximity to each other, and, until last week were at least working out of Goodison Park with Moshiri absent. This would allow them to create a sense of exemption from the situation as each would allow the other to cast Moshiri as the dominant factor in the situation. I think the one thing they could all agree on is that Moshiri has acted unilaterally at times over transfers, managerial appointments - Benitez the obvious and odious example - and communication from the club to the fans.

I think it's not outright conflict, but resentment and blame being apportioned by both sides against the other. I think of it as an unhappy marriage, they are trapped in Moshiri and Kenwright, with the kids, DBB and Sharp taking the latter's side.

Leadership should be about managing expectations - above and below - communication, delegation and trust. I think the roles are badly defined, I think Moshiri's often bizarre and sudden, unilateral decisions are devastating for the collective board ethos. The communication, again, taken without the board's knowledge has been self-pitying, seeking to shift blame and undermining any residual loyalty.

I think Moshiri is an easy man to dislike. I think he would be impossible to work for. I think the other three should have resigned months ago and got out with some scraps of self respect. Sharp especially.

But, as a short answer, the football team on the pitch reflect the situation in the boardroom - always. Always. For this alone you can be certain the board isn't functioning. There is a lot of blame and resentment there.

Just look at the seating arrangements for todays game…. Tells you everything you need to know
That was Moshiri with the 2 football “experts” either side of him to answer his questions as he doesn’t know what he sees in front of him. I think it has finally sank in that listening to Bill‘s drivel hasn’t been a good indicator in the past, Lampard came up woefully short again.

It appears Kenwright has DBB & Sharp in his camp but are they on the same page as Moshiri or is one faction in conflict with the other?

I need help understanding the dynamic at the top of the club. is there harmony between Moshiri and Kenwright or is their conflict at the centre of our problems?

I honestly don’t know the answers to the questions I pose, I have no idea who does what, whether they are at war or all part of the same cosy group.
In my opinion it is chaos and in turmoil however that is my view as an observer and not someone with inside info.

Bill's nailed it having DBB in his camp.

On the one hand you have an owner who, after initially buying as an investment with a bigger backer, clearly wants out with as much of his cash he can recoup as he has no emotional ties whatsoever.
On the other you have a group of directors, who, whilst emotional about the club, have no real idea on how to run it properly and are out of their depth.
Add to this, the owner making football decisions he clearly isn't qualified to make(manager appointments etc) and you are left with the current mess.

How any manager can work within the above framework is beyond me.

As for the fans...we are the only ones who can actually see the big picture and have done for years.

Looking at the seating arrangements it looked like a split board no?

Dbb, sharp and kenwright very pally, and Moshiri isolated with Thelwell (I know he’s not on the board - but clear who he answers too).

I don’t think all is well up there personally

Looks from the outside that kenwright, DBB and sharp are together then you have Moshiri. Why is sharp on the board because he is kenwright yes man. Same goes for Denise. Sharp saying that she works so hard everyday. Okay then so she ain’t lazy she is just incompetent. The club commercial side is still a joke, the communication side is a joke, the financial side is a joke, can go on but overall that falls to Denise. Kenwright at his age and health has no business being chairmen do everyone a favour retire for the good of the club and your health.
Moshiri is a wild gun he goes on talksport when he said he wouldn’t do that again. The club then come out and say we had no idea he was going to that. Hasn’t attended a game in 2 years, granted part was due to covid but been a year now and only now turns up.
The club is just like the movie titanic, we sinking quickly, officers are asking the captain what to do and he just walks into the bridge locks the door and accepts fate.

It isn't a stretch to think Moshiri had the fingers pointed at him for prior sackings, some signings and the whole Benitez saga as a reason the club hasn't moved forward. Perhaps he gave his word he wouldn't interfere with the running of the club to see if that did turn things around.

….that thought had crossed my mind. He’s agreed to keep away from appointments since the Benitez debacle, hence ‘it’s not up to me’ to sack Lampard.

I have always had my suspicions about this ‘takeover’ from the outset.
The fact we have information that there almost certainly were other interested parties over the years before this particular one was accepted.
The retention of Kenwright as the fully active chairman, amid reports of too many chiefs at the top.
Now the latest comments from Mr. Moshiri make me wonder whether this was just some sort of bizarre arrangement to build a stadium but leave Kenwright in charge.
As I half jokingly suspected at the outset.

Status
Not open for further replies.