Homepage Article Moshiri - 5 Years In

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one I’m critical of is Silva. Koeman was a lot of people’s choice at the time. He’d seemingly done well with Southampton (although that now feels like he just rode on Pochettino’s work), he’d won trophies previously and he was seen as a disciplinarian to counteract the casual nature of the late Martinez days. Steve Walsh was also a well known commodity after his Leicester success. That should have been a combination that worked, a proven premier league manager being given players by a proven recruitment expert. It went badly wrong as everyone knows but I don’t think at the time that many people were claiming Koeman was a terrible choice.

Ancelotti ha obviously been a brilliant choice so far.

It’s only Silva that I think was an obviously poor move. He had a reputation above what he’d actually achieved. I just don’t know why we went for him.

....it really doesn’t matter what people’s choices are, what matters is his choice. He has enough advisors and experts to get these things right and Koeman/Walsh was a disaster we’re still feeling now.

it’s a key part of his scope & he got Koeman/Walsh very wrong, regardless of what our feelings were at the time.

It’s just a shame Ancelotti wasn’t available when we went for Koeman. Can you imagine Ancelotti with Lukaku and also with the money Moshiri spent. We probably would have been top 4 in his first season and he might convinced Barkley and Lukaku to stay.

Moshiri wanted Ancelotti when we sacked Koeman before we got Allardyce but Carlo didn't want to join a club midway through a season, which begs the question why did he a few years later, just think if we got him after Koeman where we would be now.

Last edited:
A gutless loss at home to relegation candidates Fulham just as we're building momentum for a top 4 battle.

Would anything else better reflect the Moshiri era?

Some poor decisions over the period but always willing back whichever ever manager is in charge. Make no mistake not in a million years would we have a manager of the calibre of Ancelotti without him at the helm. So for this i'am eternally grateful.

I think his legacy will always be in the BMS move,after years of false dawns regarding stadium moves if he is the man responsible for us realising the dream of us moving to the waterfront this alone should cement this status in Everton history.

The final chapter in his own story will hopefully involve us winning some form of silverware. After the countless millions poured into the club with little to show for it you'd hope sooner rather than later this will be the cherry on the cake for everyone involved with club.

Personally, I’m not going to be ‘eternally grateful’ for the appointment of Ancellotti if it just involves finishing below Moyes with West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.