2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. I can't wait to get rid of this beaut

Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin says he jumped out of the Manchester United "boat" too quickly.
Schneiderlin played 47 times for United after joining from Southampton for £25m in 2015.
He left Old Trafford 18 months later after failing to impress new manager Jose Mourinho, who replaced Louis van Gaal in the summer of 2016.
Schneiderlin says he does not regret joining Everton but on reflection feels he was too hasty in quitting United.
"I wanted to do more and I had the capacity to do more," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.
"Maybe I jumped out of the boat too quickly when I didn't play for three months. When I look at other players having a great career at Manchester United, they all had a spell of four or five months when they didn't play."
It took Schneiderlin some time to win over the Everton fans, too.
Many still feel the 29-year-old's approach to the game is too negative, although manager Marco Silva is a fan given he put Schneiderlin in his starting line-up for six out of nine Premier League games so far.
The France international was banned for one of the other three after picking up a red card at Crystal Palace on 10 August and was ruled out of Saturday's win against West Ham with a hamstring injury.
Schneiderlin feels the harsh assessment of his contribution comes from people who do not understand his role.
"That's the perception of people and what they say but I would love to watch a game with them," he said.
"If you are in midfield, you are 1-0 down and your team has run after the ball for a minute and I try a long pass and miss it, people might clap because it is an attacking move, but my team-mates might have to for another two minutes to get the ball back.
"If we are winning 1-0 and I make a short pass that allows the team to breathe, people think it is clever.
"Some people say I pass square but I don't see it. Look at [Sergio] Busquets at Barcelona. I don't compare myself to him but tell me the passes he does that I don't? Because they win games everyone says he's the cleverest midfielder in football. I don't compare myself to Busquets.
"Football is about perception. You can play the same game but it will be analysed differently depending on whether you have won or lost."

Schneiderlin feels the harsh assessment of his contribution comes from people who do not understand his role.
"That's the perception of people and what they say but I would love to watch a game with them," he said.
"If you are in midfield, you are 1-0 down and your team has run after the ball for a minute and I try a long pass and miss it, people might clap because it is an attacking move, but my team-mates might have to for another two minutes to get the ball back.
"If we are winning 1-0 and I make a short pass that allows the team to breathe, people think it is clever.
"Some people say I pass square but I don't see it. Look at [Sergio] Busquets at Barcelona. I don't compare myself to him but tell me the passes he does that I don't? Because they win games everyone says he's the cleverest midfielder in football. I don't compare myself to Busquets.
Oh my god the absolute cheek of this, You don't do ANYTHING you clown.

An indirect (and true) criticism from Schneiderlin about midfielders like Davies who punt the ball up field aimlessly simply to get a clap from the mainstand.

He makes a good point here and, if it wasn't from a deeply unpopular player, the Football Mensa would support it.

Just as theres is an ickle twinkling that he actually wants to play for Everton , he comes out with an interview like this. One of the biggest mercenaries the club has had on the books in many years.

YES MORGAN LAD

Call out these clueless fans.

A weird dichotomy for many now mein MensaFrandelino.

You can't be a Davies / Klaassen / zone 14 Football Mensa and then say Morgan's assessment here isn't the correct one.

So what will they choose?

An indirect (and true) criticism from Schneiderlin about midfielders like Davies who punt the ball up field aimlessly simply to get a clap from the mainstand.

He makes a good point here and, if it wasn't from a deeply unpopular player, the Football Mensa would support it.
If Schneids did literally anything else he might have a shred of a point.

But he does nothing. And is a sulker.

Gana and early Martinez' era Jimmy Mac could play zero forward passes and get away with it b/c they put in tackles and won possession.

What role does Schneids play in helping us win games? I mean this as a serious question.

A weird dichotomy for many now mein MensaFrandelino.

You can't be a Davies / Klaassen / zone 14 Football Mensa and then say Morgan's assessment here isn't the correct one.

So what will they choose?

I personally think he gets a raw deal, hes had some very, very bad games in his time here, mostly hes just average, but the way some act on here its like hes the worst player weve ever had, hes not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.