More confident against big four?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNaoNeo

Banned - Abuse Towards Forum Staff
Anyone else think our squad is starting to get over that mental barrier we've always seemed to have recently against the big sides?

It always seemed that we were scared of United/Chelsea/Gooners/Pool, but this season and especially in the last few months the squad is starting to realise that it can compete with anyone, especially with our defense.

Anyone else feel a shift?

Without doubt our squad has made a big progress, playing the Sky four this season. We certainly seem full of confidence playing them. Chelsea may have had more possesion, but Everton's football was very good at times and we probably should've won. Now just take that final step to really hurt them on May 30.;)

You have to ask yourself is this team progressing and getting bettter.

Big yes for me, we looked better then Chelsea last night equally Arsenal at home and matched Utd in both games and were unlucky in both games last night.

Chelsea looked all power and when we were able to match them, they didnt have the one peice of indiviual quality to break us down. But for better finishing we could have been deserved winners.

Bodes well for the cups.

Last edited:
Not so long ago Everton needed to turn losses into draws against the so-called big four, now we find ourselves needing to turn draws into wins, this just shows you how far we have come.

Yep, we've taken a step up. In 6 league matches against the Sky-4 this season, we've "only" been beaten twice, both times by the odd goal. That's good progress. OK, so we didn't manage to actually overturn any of them, but you take that as an unexpected bonus.

We've acquitted ourselves pretty well, but again, I keep coming back to our back-4. When you have a solid back line, you feel that you have a chance against anyone.

I have said it before and i will say it again the four are ****ti* themselves:D:D:D.with 3 defenders picked for England,Strikers starting to filter back and moyes having money in his pocket we hope,Next season is looking very positive:D:D:D

Baines looked every bit as good as Cole last, I thought Baines last ball was better than Coles punts.

Baines is just one player in an ever improving squad that looks as though he is flowering into a world class player.

I see Fabio Capello was there to witness it aswell..........

Since November, our record's been awesome :

- win, draw and a loss against Man U

- win and two draws against the RS

- two draws against Chelski

- Arsenal stole a point against us after we'd walked all over them

Maybe we should be favourites for the Cup now ?

Nyarko

Baines looked every bit as good as Cole last, I thought Baines last ball was better than Coles punts.

Baines is just one player in an ever improving squad that looks as though he is flowering into a world class player.

I see Fabio Capello was there to witness it aswell..........

Love the picture mate....

I was at that game. That fella was sitting in front of me at the clock end.

I wondered where he'd gone half way thru the match....oh there he is....taxi for Nyarko!!!!

We are better, the stats show how well we have done this season against those 4 ( I refuse to call them the top or big 4) compared to last season and the season before.;)

Anyone else think our squad is starting to get over that mental barrier we've always seemed to have recently against the big sides?

It always seemed that we were scared of United/Chelsea/Gooners/Pool, but this season and especially in the last few months the squad is starting to realise that it can compete with anyone, especially with our defense.

Anyone else feel a shift?

Posted via Mobile Device sure do mate, we fear no- one these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.