Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sona

Player Valuation: £8m
Ok, we just heard confirmation that the McCarthy deal WAS NOT dependent on player sales.

Therefore, we had £13m to spend BEFORE player sales.

We have just sold Fellaini and Anichebe for a total of £32.5m!

Factoring in the loan fees (£1m for Barry, £3m for Lukaku reported), means we should have AT LEAST...

£28.5m to spend in January!

Obviously, I don't expect this to actually be the case.

Last edited:
We won't spend a penny in January mate. It's a farce, if the money was there then why wasn't it spent earlier?

Ok, we just heard confirmation that the McCarthy deal WAS NOT dependent on player sales.

Factoring in the loan fees (£1m for Barry, £3m for Lukaku reported), means we should have AT LEAST...

Erm, lad, I think you may be slightly disappointed.

Rookie mistake there, getting all positive and enthusiastic about Everton's trnasfer dealings!! :eek:

Lukaku was reportedly costing WBA £5m, so £3m sounds low. Point accepted. It doesnt' work like you said though. Wages (inc Barry).

Erm, lad, I think you may be slightly disappointed.

I know that, but I'm making this point now so there is no confusion come January. I fully expect to be let down again, but the board may have shot themselves in the foot this time by claiming they already had the money; all it takes is simple maths as above to point that out.

Lukaku was reportedly costing WBA £5m, so £3m sounds low. Point accepted. It doesnt' work like you said though. Wages (inc Barry).

Really? £5m loan fee? That seems absurdly high. Where did you see that?

I take your point in wages, but Fellaini was reportedly on circa £70k per week. That's surely more than enough to cover Barry?

Status
Not open for further replies.