2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we travelled back in time to the start of October and someone said “if we loan out Kean, would Everton miss him as a a sub?” can you honestly tell me you’d say yes based on what you’d seen of him?

And don’t answer in the way because we’d be down a forward, that bit is obvious, just specifically would we miss Kean.
I have thought he's doing pretty well given his limited time, never got a run to get some form going. But him missing is still a relevant point, we are short up front we didn't bring a replacement in and therefore losing Kean is a daft decision.

He flattered to deceive at the best of times and just didn't look settled. It happens, it's happened before and will happen again. Him performing well is good, it means we could pick up a decent fee £30m+ next Summer for him.

Before we start declaring him a star, let's not forget Chuopo-Moting (who got relegated with Stoke) went and played quite well for PSG too.

Who's now at Bayern. What an agent he has.

I don’t have a ‘side’ here, I desperately wanted him to do well here and believe there’s a chance he still could.

But it’s absolutely imperative that despite what he does in France vs the standard of opposition he may or may not be up against, that every single one of us has witnessed with our own eyes, the lad being completely incapable of controlling a ball without it getting caught under his legs.

He has a lot of improving to do in order to play and score regularly in the premier league, like 15-20 goals level.

This loan is doing him and his valuation no harm whatsoever. I hope he scores 1000 goals

I have thought he's doing pretty well given his limited time, never got a run to get some form going. But him missing is still a relevant point, we are short up front we didn't bring a replacement in and therefore losing Kean is a daft decision.
He'd have never gotten a run because DCL will never be dropped for him and Kean coming off the bench hasn't left much impact, Is what it is. It didn't work out but it'll work out for him at another club, we move.

Theirs an argument for both sides really, we loaned him out so he would play more games, which he already is, it's a boss team to go to as well knowing they are far better than any other team in the league so when he plays he's likely to get loads of chances.

However loaning him out and getting no one in is silly init, we seen that with the squad on Sunday.

Can't keep saying Abar the French league as well because he scored twice last night in the champs league against the champs of turkey, who let's be honest would beat a handful of prem teams anyway.

Hope he does well

Like all of us, I was desperate for him to find success here. One of my favorite moments from last season was his goal against Newcastle. Goodison absolutely erupted and Kean’s unbridled joy was plain to see. Sadly, such moments for him were very few.

Absolutely made up to see him banging them in for PSG now. Would love him to come back here and rediscover similar form. Alas, if I am being honest, I do not believe he will play another game for us. He never was able to settle here for whatever reason; youth/immaturity, distance from home, adjusting to new league, etc.

He clearly pushed for a move this window as he felt it best for his career. Fair play, as he is being proven rightly. Guess I will have to find solace in the profit we will bank when he moves on.

Hard to judge players who leave for comparatively inferior leagues and score goals. Maybe Championship standard applies to him? Whatever he is, he did not impress here, so another one to add to the bad signings.

Hard to judge players who leave for comparatively inferior leagues and score goals. Maybe Championship standard applies to him? Whatever he is, he did not impress here, so another one to add to the bad signings.

We will net a profit when he leaves so hardly can be classed as a failure from an overall perspective. Chock it up as another Lookman, Vlasic, Onyekuru deal. All clearly talented young players but Everton was not the right fit for them for whatever reason. We will always make money on these deals, so no real problem. Low risk, high reward!

2 games, 4 goals. OK , both teams not a good standard, but still. If he continues to perform then we'll get a better, more confident player back, or will at least get our money back

Not replacing Kean was a daft decision.

Sending Kean out on loan wasn't a daft decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.