2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was crap for us.

That's a statement of fact. Looked like a lost kid on the pitch.

He's doing well in a farmer's league surrounded by world class players. Good for him. Good for us too as we'll make money on him.

But he was crap for us, and there's no indication he'd ever be anything other than crap for us.

It's like United selling Lukaku and then him suddenly scoring for Inter in a farmer's league - it doesn't mean it was a mistake for United to let him go; it just means he's scoring goals in a farmer's league, nothing more.
These pesky farmers leagues, Atalanta and Lille stuffed us in the EL just to show how superior the Prem Is.

These pesky farmers leagues, Atalanta and Lille stuffed us in the EL just to show how superior the Prem Is.

Half decent sides snotting a terrible side full of players close to retirement.

The RS swatted Atalanta without breaking a sweat the other week with an "unity crisis"

The clever part was sending him out to psg at all. Sending a player who doesn't start for us on loan to a team that has players like icardi and mbappe starting upfront was a gamble. Sending our back up striker on loan at all was a gamble. He could of well of gotten completely lost in the shuffle at psg but brands and most importantly the lad himself backed him to have a successful loan spell.

We can only really say whether sending him out on loan was actually a clever move at the end of the season but if he carries on the season the way he's started it most certainly will of been a clever move.

If he can get 15+ goals this season I think we'll be able to sell him for 40+ million in the summer. Which would massively help with our ffp.
I would imagine that we had very little to do with it. Raiola has lined him up a move and just told us where he’s going.

Cant remember where I read it but some stat site broke down his games compared to ours. To summarise...he runs, touches the ball, and generally does less and scores more for PSG than he did for us. His heat map doesn't leave the oppositions box.

Which is fine. But he won't get anywhere near ousting DCL if he came back as that type of player.
Much like DCL if he played a lot and we created chances for him he would score goals. I mean that's all that is happening at PSG. There isn't some big secret with how to make him successful.

Much like DCL if he played a lot and we created chances for him he would score goals. I mean that's all that is happening at PSG. There isn't some big secret with how to make him successful.

You can say the same of Tosun in that regard. But people would rather pull up his lack of pace to say he's not good enough. But if he just stood in the box and got service, he'd slot.

The idea is that Kean has a couple of world class players putting it on a plate for him. He's not having to hold up play, work, be actively involved in the game. He's basically Gyfi-ing at PSG. Letting everyone else do the leg work while he slots and does a dance.

While I don't think he's particularly special talent wise (which is my opinion), I think it's a more of a case that he doesn't fit our system or the type of striker who would be a success here.

You can say the same of Tosun in that regard. But people would rather pull up his lack of pace to say he's not good enough. But if he just stood in the box and got service, he'd slot.

The idea is that Kean has a couple of world class players putting it on a plate for him. He's not having to hold up play, work, be actively involved in the game. He's basically Gyfi-ing at PSG. Letting everyone else do the leg work while he slots and does a dance.

While I don't think he's particularly special talent wise (which is my opinion), I think it's a more of a case that he doesn't fit our system or the type of striker who would be a success here.
This isn't all the way true. I mean for one the French league while being not good isn't made up of complete amateurs so he does have to move and find the spaces to get served and putting the ball in the net is a skill too. But also he does work at least a little. He did a lot of the leg work in the first goal and the build up to a penalty that Di Maria missed in the last CL game they played for example.

He fits our system fine, he didn't play because DCL played better and never gave Moise an opportunity to get back in. We also had no creativity last year and he still put together what I'd call a respectable return given he barely played minutes and those he did get were very spread out.

Half decent sides snotting a terrible side full of players close to retirement.

The RS swatted Atalanta without breaking a sweat the other week with an "unity crisis"
Sad to say but you are talking about the world club champions who's reserves gave us the bums rush in last season's FA Cup. And odd as it seems farmers league teams have an annoying habit of winning the CL

This isn't all the way true. I mean for one the French league while being not good isn't made up of complete amateurs so he does have to move and find the spaces to get served and putting the ball in the net is a skill too. But also he does work at least a little. He did a lot of the leg work in the first goal and the build up to a penalty that Di Maria missed in the last CL game they played for example.

He fits our system fine, he didn't play because DCL played better and never gave Moise an opportunity to get back in. We also had no creativity last year and he still put together what I'd call a respectable return given he barely played minutes and those he did get were very spread out.

It's not. But so far the stats are saying he's doing less work and getting more goals.

So it's either the league, the team, or him.

He is a fine finisher, but coincidentally since we signed Moise, DCL has added finishing to his game. A fine example of how competition aids development?
I don't expect him to come back here, unless Dom has an absolute stormer of a season and Real come in with the big bucks.

I would imagine that we had very little to do with it. Raiola has lined him up a move and just told us where he’s going.
This. Kean wanted to play, Raiola lined up the move to PSG.

Everton initially refused but eventually caved with Kean pushing for it. Brands did the negotiating etc for the deal.

Brands wants him to come back - as does Carlo. He will come back. Whether he stays after that...

Status
Not open for further replies.