2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cast your mind back to when Koemageddon was here. He had a VERY good preseason but was then farmed out to Forest or wherever. That was his moment but it was denied him by a terrible manager.

And he had a good season at Forest (10 goals in 40+ games) plus the 2018 preseason and still couldn’t force his way in even when we were wobbling for the first half season of Silva’s reign. Questions need to be asked of what the hell Unsworth does to these lads that mean they aren’t first team ready for PL football

And he had a good season at Forest (10 goals in 40+ games) plus the 2018 preseason and still couldn’t force his way in even when we were wobbling for the first half season of Silva’s reign. Questions need to be asked of what the hell Unsworth does to these lads that mean they aren’t first team ready for PL football

People always go on about this but what is it they expect Unsworth to be doing?

If a player isn't good enough for the prem, thats on the player not Unsworth.

Gordon and Branthwaite have both been considered good enough and have stepped up, I can't see anyone slagging Unsworth off for his involvement in their development?

The majority of academy players at any club don't make it to the prem.

How many 20 year old 1:2 game strikers do you know of mate?

Again, ive said before i have massive reservations about parts of his game (spacial awareness, basic football intelligence).

But thats not what we're talking about is it, we're talking specifically about his ability to score goals.
Yes. And he cant score goals.

13 in his career so far.

Dont tell me he's the answer.

It's not Unsworth's fault if Everton managers didn't play Dowell.

Cast your mind back to when Koemageddon was here. He had a VERY good preseason but was then farmed out to Forest or wherever. That was his moment but it was denied him by a terrible manager.

Don't think you're necessarily wrong here, but also not right either.
A good pre-season is generally taken with a generous pinch of salt - remember Niasse got 4 in one match against that Austrian amateur side.
Dowell has had several years to breakthrough and just hasn't made it here (maybe hampered by the fact we signed about 4 players at the same time that play in his position) whereas Kean made it into the Juventus squad at the same time and age that Dowell couldn't get into ours.

Don't really disagree, just think it's a bit early to bin him off. There's other wasters in the squad that are bigger problems that Kean right now.

IMO there is nothing there to get out of Kean.

He;s a dud.

If he does the business I;ll be happy to eat humble pie. But I wont have to, unfortunately.

Yes. And he cant score goals.

13 in his career so far.

Dont tell me he's the answer.

He's 20.

At the same age Salah had scored 11 career goals.

Cristiano Ronaldo had 15 career goals.

You're way off the mark if you expect a 20 year old to have bagged 100s already.

Only the freaks like Rooney and Mbappe can get anywhere near that

So buzzing for him but 800 mins of PL football later he's a 2 goal per season striker for his career and isn't the answer. Gotcha.

He's 20.

At the same age Salah had scored 11 career goals.

Cristiano Ronaldo had 15 career goals.

You're way off the mark if you expect a 20 year old to have bagged 100s already.

Only the freaks like Rooney and Mbappe can get anywhere near that
By the time Lukaku was 20 he'd scored 50 goals for Anderlecht and West Brom.

THAT is the answer.

Don't think you're necessarily wrong here, but also not right either.
A good pre-season is generally taken with a generous pinch of salt - remember Niasse got 4 in one match against that Austrian amateur side.
Dowell has had several years to breakthrough and just hasn't made it here (maybe hampered by the fact we signed about 4 players at the same time that play in his position) whereas Kean made it into the Juventus squad at the same time and age that Dowell couldn't get into ours.
Change of emphasis of required style is the more likely answer to him not breaking through. More huff and puff and less guile under Koeman and Silva.

By the time Lukaku was 20 he'd scored 50 goals for Anderlecht and West Brom.

THAT is the answer.

I'll repeat. Only freaks like Rooney, Mbappe and Lukaku can get anywhere near that.

Do you know of any 20 year olds with a scoring record like that in world football that we could get?

I'll repeat. Only freaks like Rooney, Mbappe and Lukaku can get anywhere near that.

Do you know of any 20 year olds with a scoring record like that in world football that we could get?
lol

No mate, you said "Only the freaks like Rooney and Mbappe can get anywhere near that"...when you add Lukaku's name you're not 'repeating' yourself.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.