2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a goal it doesn't matter how it comes but once he starts scoring I think he'll grow in confidence. I hope he gets at least 30 minutes even if it means Richarlison has to switch out wide.

Even Sandro had scored by this time in his ill forgotten Everton career. I know he hit the post against Lincoln, did a shimmy against Sheff United and had the keeper scrambling against Leicester and was involved in the goal at City before it fell to Walcott. Let’s be honest, the performances haven’t matched the hype and goodwill to succeed here that we desperately want - me included. I’m just a realist, I’ve seen him enjoy a popularity and patience to succeed here way above many other young talents we’ve brought in and the expectation has proven greater than their ability.

Some can deliver at this level and some can’t. He doesn’t play every week because even at a time of incredible paucity in the ability of our forward line the coaches and managers in the past six months haven’t seen him do enough to warrant a start. He’s coming on as first change currently, I get that, it says we believe in the potential, but at what point does that change? He simply has to do more......I get the emotion and desire from us to want him do well in Royal Blue but the facts are he is miles behind Calvert Lewin as a threat and in the goals column, nowhere near Richarlison and as it stands behind the maligned and clearly immobile Tosun. Is there a long term Everton player there? I’m not so sure....but it’s up to him to prove that not me.

Lets face it since hes been here, he has had that portugese prick in his ear and then big Dunc( how much could he understand)
Now he has his own landsman. " Come on feel the Moise " Slade
no more excuses. Imagine he scores his first at Analfield.

When our midfield can produce more passes that cut through lines of defence in more central positions, that is when Kean will come good. Our current style of out to the wings & cross high for the heads of DCL or Richarlison is not suited to Kean at all.
I did like seeing DCL talk to Kean telling him to stay close so he can head it on to him as he runs through. Could be a fruitful tactic during clearances, long balls etc & i like they are trying to form a way of playing together.

Just enjoy the ride. Seeing youngsters blossom into stars is great to witness.

DCL and MOISE, by the end of Carlo's reign, will be worth more than 150m between them. That is the plan for sure.

Part of Everton's project is to make money out of player trading as commercially they cannot compete.

They will be blooded, become stars and be sold as will other stars. This is what we do and always have. Along the way Everton will hope to pick up a trophy or finish in the top 6.

We are not CITY and can never be unless we grow massively as a commercial entity.

Truth but you've worded it poorly making out like this is "The Everton Way" or the "Everton thing to do". Every club aims to do this except those at the top of the food chain e.g your Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, (Formerly Manchester United), City, etc. The ones at the top are only in danger of losing players to each other. (Neymar to PSG, Cancelo to City, Matuidi + Rabiot to Juve, Suarez + Coutinho to Bayern etc.).

The key is replacing those you sell with genuine quality, and it pains me to say that's what them lot across the park have done well, and it's what United under Ferguson always did well. Top players want experiences and to be part of fantastic teams, and it's rare to find a top quality player who will stay at a club for most of his career.

Even Sandro had scored by this time in his ill forgotten Everton career. I know he hit the post against Lincoln, did a shimmy against Sheff United and had the keeper scrambling against Leicester and was involved in the goal at City before it fell to Walcott. Let’s be honest, the performances haven’t matched the hype and goodwill to succeed here that we desperately want - me included. I’m just a realist, I’ve seen him enjoy a popularity and patience to succeed here way above many other young talents we’ve brought in and the expectation has proven greater than their ability.

Some can deliver at this level and some can’t. He doesn’t play every week because even at a time of incredible paucity in the ability of our forward line the coaches and managers in the past six months haven’t seen him do enough to warrant a start. He’s coming on as first change currently, I get that, it says we believe in the potential, but at what point does that change? He simply has to do more......I get the emotion and desire from us to want him do well in Royal Blue but the facts are he is miles behind Calvert Lewin as a threat and in the goals column, nowhere near Richarlison and as it stands behind the maligned and clearly immobile Tosun. Is there a long term Everton player there? I’m not so sure....but it’s up to him to prove that not me.
Not so. With DCL in the best form of his career alongside Richy, we have one of the most effective striker pairings in the country atm. That’s keeping Kean out of the side, yes? Either of those two get hurt or drop front then Kean starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.