Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many years do we reckon we’ll get out of him? Two?
Sadly, it's not an unfair question when you consider that his agent is no other than Raiola and how highly thought of this boy actually is within Europe.

It's not unrealistic to think it's a two way thing: we get him through his help (Raiola) and help nurture his talent, before he's moved on for big money if a success.

You'd hope it's really not the case but I am too long in the tooth, perhaps cynical, to not think that he may manipulate things: look at how he influenced Rom.

If we want him to stay, then we need to prove ourselves with success on the pitch and make him want to stay, otherwise he may only be here for a couple of years.

Hopefully I am completely wrong and he stays here through a successful period both for him and the club - a new chapter so to say.

Last edited:
Sadly, it's not an unfair question when you consider that his agent is no other than Raiola and how highly thought of this boy actually is within Europe.

It's not unrealistic to think it's a two way thing: we get him through his help (Raiola) and help nurture his talent, before he's moved on for big money if a success.

You'd hope it's really not the case but I am too long in the tooth, perhaps cynical, to not think that he may manipulate things: look at how he influenced Rom.

If we want him to stay, then we need to prove ourselves with success on the pitch and make him way to stay, otherwise he may only be here for a couple of years.

Hopefully I am completely wrong and he stays here through a successful period both for him and the club - a new chapter so to say.
But didn't Riaola want Lukaku to sign a new contract? Looked done and dusted until Ma Rom told him not to stay.

Imagine Mourinho or Ten Hag managing this bheast of a kid.

Instead hes stuck on the bench under the current rope a dope manager who prefers a striker who doesnt score goals.

What a time to be alive

Yeah Mourinho would have him tracking back with the winger to triple on the attacking threat of the opponent

And Ten Hag would be crying because games are hard when you move away from the farmers league

If we want him to stay, then we need to prove ourselves with success on the pitch and make him want to stay, otherwise he may only be here for a couple of years.
Silva has to bother to play him first and then he has to score

Instead hes stuck on the bench under the current rope a dope manager who prefers a striker who doesnt score goals.

What a time to be alive

Mate I get that you’re not happy we lost, but at least get your insults right, makes you lose credibility.

rope-a-dope
/ˈrōpəˌdōp/
noun
INFORMAL•US

1. a boxing tactic of pretending to be trapped against the ropes, goading an opponent to throw tiring ineffective punched

Doesn’t describe our manager or tactics at all. We don’t goad the opponent into ineffectiveness... we were ineffective in the last game.

People are entitled to opinions, but at least get your mockery/insults right.

Mate I get that you’re not happy we lost, but at least get your insults right, makes you lose credibility.

rope-a-dope
/ˈrōpəˌdōp/
noun
INFORMAL•US

1. a boxing tactic of pretending to be trapped against the ropes, goading an opponent to throw tiring ineffective punched

Doesn’t describe our manager or tactics at all. We don’t goad the opponent into ineffectiveness... we were ineffective in the last game.

People are entitled to opinions, but at least get your mockery/insults right.

Im actually not bothered we lost (we could have Guardiola as manager but we'll still lose games) im more bothered about the manner of that defeat and the same tactics/in game management was a replica of that bad run last season which I was assured by some was just a blip due to Pickfords cock up and he'll have learnt from it and we'll push on this season.

The first 3 games for me is very concerning however thats for a different thread.

On Kean - he's fit get him in the team same as Iwobi.

Wesley/Pepe/Joelinton/Haller all played this week/last week - no excuses in my eyes when the other option is DCL.

What a time to be alive

...strange you say that as i’m not sure Mourinho would have bought him at this stage.

I clearly remember an interview with Ray Wilkins, who said there are two types of players: ‘Proven’ and ‘Potential’. Mourinho always preferred ‘Proven’ over ‘Potential’. He works in the moment at a club, he wants to win games and is wary of giving players time to develop.

This is exactly what the signing is and I'd be shocked if any other fan believed otherwise.
We're developing him while hoping he turns into Lukaku and starts banging them in and gives us a good couple of seasons and then we sell him for mega money, Sorry but that's the club Everton is at the moment until we start reaching greater heights.

This is exactly what the signing is and I'd be shocked if any other fan believed otherwise.
We're developing him while hoping he turns into Lukaku and starts banging them in and gives us a good couple of seasons and then we sell him for mega money, Sorry but that's the club Everton is at the moment until we start reaching greater heights.
You'd be surprised. I've met a few fans who still believe that we can play the transfer market with the big boys and such talk is almost perceived as treasonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.