MK Dons advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deulofeumygod

Player Valuation: £35m
feel free to delete if this isn't in the right place but I could not see a thread about away games and advice/travel etc.

I am off on Tuesday on my own travelling from the Wimbledon area. I have not been to the stadium before and as yet have not booked any travel.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to get there and dos and don'ts because I am a little nervous.

I have not booked any travel yet because not sure if coach or train is best.

Better still, if anyone is travelling from London can I tag along?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Steve

Hi mate,
If you're catching the train there's two stations in MK; MK central, and Bletchley. Depending how athletic you are Bletchley is within walking distance of stadium MK but I'd advise a taxi from either station.
The coach station in MK Is the opposite side of the city from the stadium, so unless you find a coach heading specifically to the stadium, I'd advise the trains!

The stadium itself is hard to miss, and easy to navigate, Well signposted with very helpful staff (speaking from experience!)
If you're nervous and want to get there early, on the stadiums grounds there is plenty to keep you occupied, from restaurants, fast food places, a range of shops and even a cinema !

Hope this helps!

Hi mate,
If you're catching the train there's two stations in MK; MK central, and Bletchley. Depending how athletic you are Bletchley is within walking distance of stadium MK but I'd advise a taxi from either station.
The coach station in MK Is the opposite side of the city from the stadium, so unless you find a coach heading specifically to the stadium, I'd advise the trains!

The stadium itself is hard to miss, and easy to navigate, Well signposted with very helpful staff (speaking from experience!)
If you're nervous and want to get there early, on the stadiums grounds there is plenty to keep you occupied, from restaurants, fast food places, a range of shops and even a cinema !

Hope this helps!
I live down the road from MK so am going to this game. All the advice above is accurate. I'll be driving and will probably park in the local streets on the industrial estate nearby. If you drive, don't park in the next door Asda carpark - £60 fine in force on matchdays. Also, if you're early, don't venture into the IKEA store - you'll get trapped inside and either miss the kick off or never get out alive at all......

feel free to delete if this isn't in the right place but I could not see a thread about away games and advice/travel etc.

I am off on Tuesday on my own travelling from the Wimbledon area. I have not been to the stadium before and as yet have not booked any travel.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to get there and dos and don'ts because I am a little nervous.

I have not booked any travel yet because not sure if coach or train is best.

Better still, if anyone is travelling from London can I tag along?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Steve

don't wear your Wimbledon shirt would be my advice.

Google Maps mate. Never been lost once with it. I all advise trains over coaches/buses. Buses are for certain people only. Mainly people from the wirral.

Google Maps mate. Never been lost once with it. I all advise trains over coaches/buses. Buses are for certain people only. Mainly people from the wirral.

G maps says just under two hours and I think I'll get a taxi from the mk station to make it easiest.

Thanks for all the advice.

G maps says just under two hours and I think I'll get a taxi from the mk station to make it easiest.

Thanks for all the advice.

Cool mate. Explain your long story about not being before. Always good to hear about supporters who live all over the place. (I live in Scotland so am basically an armchair fan nowadays)

I live down the road from MK so am going to this game. All the advice above is accurate. I'll be driving and will probably park in the local streets on the industrial estate nearby. If you drive, don't park in the next door Asda carpark - £60 fine in force on matchdays. Also, if you're early, don't venture into the IKEA store - you'll get trapped inside and either miss the kick off or never get out alive at all......
You heard any transfer news pal.

Cool mate. Explain your long story about not being before. Always good to hear about supporters who live all over the place. (I live in Scotland so am basically an armchair fan nowadays)

About not having been to mk Dons before or about Shrewsbury being my second team?

Taking my son tomorrow (He has refused to come with me since the 3-0 battering by Southampton (ironically) season before last.

I am presuming there will be no problem buying tickets at the ground - we will not sell out will we?!

Status
Not open for further replies.