Mixed feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus Bramble

Best centre half to grace the Premier League
So there’s only a couple of games of this pretty dire season to go. It seems like an awfully long time ago we were looking forward to a European tour and to be quite frank, the less said about it the better.

We’ve seen 1 full time manager sacked and a caretaker manager who at times seemed out of his depth replaced with some on here (me not included to be honest) fearing a relegation battle which we didn’t seem to have the bottle to handle.

Allardyce was (eventually) brought in to steady the ship and retain our premier league status. I’m one of many who didn’t want him and still don’t want him, although I will give him credit that he has at least done what he was brought in to do.

There’s been a lot of doom and gloom this season and understandably so, but just step back for a moment and look at the table. We’re 8th with 2 very winnable games coming up. Only 1 place below our finishing spot last season. An awful lot of us would have taken that when you consider where we were not too long ago and we could be missing out on a Europeans place just on goal difference.

Don’t get me wrong, we’ve been utter crap for the most part and a lot of change I see needed, but a properly managed pre-season and a footballing plan could see us very much in the hunt for Europe next season.

...Allardyce has done the job he was brought in to do. Indeed, it can be argued he’s done it very well. I was supportive of what he was doing but I think he missed a real opportunity to demonstrate an ability to take us further. Arsenal away was a line in the sand for me because it was a virtual surrender sending a non-competitive team out with a clear attitude that defeat was a formality.

Allardyce could have been in the right place at the right time, he could’ve banished the stereotypical view of him as a survivalist but i’m afraid he hasn’t done that. We’ll be ok if he stays but I think we all want better than ok.

...Allardyce has done the job he was brought in to do. Indeed, it can be argued he’s done it very well. I was supportive of what he was doing but I think he missed a real opportunity to demonstrate an ability to take us further. Arsenal away was a line in the sand for me because it was a virtual surrender sending a non-competitive team out with a clear attitude that defeat was a formality.

Allardyce could have been in the right place at the right time, he could’ve banished the stereotypical view of him as a survivalist but i’m afraid he hasn’t done that. We’ll be ok if he stays but I think we all want better than ok.

Nail on head.

It’s his behaviour that has diminished anything he’s achieved with us.

Could he achieve better with a transfer window? An opportunity to bring in his own personnel.

I can’t stand the guy, but he has had it hard with state of the squad particularly the unbalanced team.

My main concern would be the youngsters, I suspect he'd jeopardise the team in respect of Lookman and others.

Spot on, especially about the Arsenal debacle. Any benefit of the doubt I was giving him disappeared that day.

I’m sorry but I want better. I want a manager who doesn’t just ignore games he perceives as unwinnable, and I want a style of football that actually entertains me. It’s about time Everton actually gave the fans some moments to remember for the right reasons.

Next year with no Europe, and all the big teams affected by late returns from the World Cup, is a great opportunity to hit the ground running.

A new manager and half decent recruitment and we have half a chance.

Just read somewhere that if Arsenal win the Europa league and the RS win the champions league, 8th gets Europa League. Anyone confirm this? Would we want it?

I’m sorry but I want better. I want a manager who doesn’t just ignore games he perceives as unwinnable, and I want a style of football that actually entertains me. It’s about time Everton actually gave the fans some moments to remember for the right reasons.
We need a new owner who doesn't write off games as 'expected losses' then too...

Just read somewhere that if Arsenal win the Europa league and the RS win the champions league, 8th gets Europa League. Anyone confirm this? Would we want it?
I was also told this. Unsure if it's true like.

I always want Europe so it's a yes from me

Status
Not open for further replies.