Homepage Update: Mirallas departs Blues for Olympiacos

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the best form of his life until Suarez stamped on him, never regained that form after, but he did pay suarez back in full the following season.

58453.3.jpg

That was enjoyable, but only a very strong ref, Phil Dowd, saved us from going down to 10 men again in one of these games.

The feller was way too much trouble than he was worth.

Delighted to see the back of him.

Biggest shame for me. Always loved him as a player but after the Martinez season it was obvious he needed a fresh club and a new start elsewhere.

He was a very good player for the club at one point in time, such a shame he isn't leaving one.

Capable of very good performances in flashes and moreso when he first came over rather than recent seasons. Couple of stunners v Spurs, break away goal v Stoke, very good curling free kick v villa I think and always very composed when 1:1 bar the peno he took off Baines. Seemed incapable of 90mins or putting a spell of form together over a period of months.

We got his best years and now he’s on the wane his awful attitude isn’t worth the effort. Good luck Kev.

i'm sorry, but £4m is utter pittance, we should be getting around £10m. He'll be very very good in all the european leagues bar the big 5. We're willing to sell liam walsh who's never even made a matchday squad for about half that. This guy has 65 caps for the bets international team in the world. I don't care how off form he's been the last three years, his ability is still there. None of the other top 7 would sell a player like this so low. Him and barkley have both gone very quickly, i know we're desperate to trim the squad, but it seems like we've just accepted the first two offers on the table.

We've got nothing left to play for this season, i don't understand the immediate rush to just flog off everyone, at least try and offer them around europe first and try and negotiate. After the fees for barkley and mirallas i hope to hell we won't be selling klaassen and sandro this window, we'll end up with about 50p for the pair, without even giving them a fair crack of the whip the way this is going.

reminds me of what carragher said about our players wishing them luck before the game, no doubt many on here chasing out talented players were very proud of that

‘What Carragher said’... come on.

Kev is talented, his best years are behind him, I loved his nasty streak in games but hes not worth the effort anymore.

There didn’t seem to be too many well wisher on our side the other night, albeit we still got turned over

i'm sorry, but £4m is utter pittance, we should be getting around £10m. He'll be very very good in all the european leagues bar the big 5. We're willing to sell liam walsh who's never even made a matchday squad for about half that. This guy has 65 caps for the bets international team in the world. I don't care how off form he's been the last three years, his ability is still there. None of the other top 7 would sell a player like this so low. Him and barkley have both gone very quickly, i know we're desperate to trim the squad, but it seems like we've just accepted the first two offers on the table.

We've got nothing left to play for this season, i don't understand the immediate rush to just flog off everyone, at least try and offer them around europe first and try and negotiate. After the fees for barkley and mirallas i hope to hell we won't be selling klaassen and sandro this window, we'll end up with about 50p for the pair, without even giving them a fair crack of the whip the way this is going.

Were talking about a club who announced a signing at half time in a derby, let their most valuable asset leave for 15 Mil after letting his contract run down after only giving hin a 3 year deal when dog [Poor language removed] players were getting 5 years, held on to miralles for 18 months to long,
You can't just expect them to suddenly become professional overnight

Seems to be a loan for about 4m with no option to buy at the end. We have him tied up until 2020, I think we’ll do ok out of this.

Seems to be a loan for about 4m with no option to buy at the end. We have him tied up until 2020, I think we’ll do ok out of this.

that's what i heard last night, but didn't believe it, then i read the OP which seems to suggest loan with a £4m view. Surely olympiacos don't have the kind of money to splash £4m on half a year's loan? I've never heard of a loan that expensive for half a season.

I used to like him, on his best days he had some fight and snide, and took a great free kick and was a general goal threat.

Sadly, we never saw enough of any of those things.

In his 30s now, and way too much trouble than he is worth.

Doesn't say much that he has to go back to the Greek league, in fact it says it all.

He is the footballing equivalent of a bit of old junk that was kept for too long, and when you bin it, it feels great.

Glad the sulk has gone. Looked a great prospect for us when he first arrived but just became a diva the longer he was here. If we have accepted £4m as a final fee then it must have been just to get him and his bad influence away from the club.

Pretty much nonplussed by this news. Good luck Kev, hope you sort out a decent long term deal after the world cup by having a brilliant tournament and pushing your value sky high.

Status
Not open for further replies.