Mino Raiola and his positive influence on Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

orly

Please check with me for Blammo criteria
Hello frandelinos

Thought I would just start a thread on a slightly controversial character who has, in an indirect way, helped shaped the future of Everton.

His name is Mino, Mino Raiola.

At first he gave us Lukaku. Clearly the best goalscorer we've had since Lineker and, calorific intake notwithstanding, vastly better than the likes of Kone, Angell, DCL, Niasse and any other of the rot that has been bought in the intervening period. Key to that was Raiola, particularly on the permanent deal. And when we sold Lukaku, Big Mino R had them slobbering at the bit, ready to hand over £75m, a huge UK market fee at that point. Ok, so we whizzed it up the wall. But he made that largesse possible.

We are now bringing in vaunted wunderkind Moise Kean, clearly a burgeoning blammo boss. Ok, so Brands has done some solid work here - but Mino has played the gatekeeper. I don't Moist would have considered us a live option in normal circumstances.

So two questions:

- how big a positive impact do YOU feel Mino Raiola has had on our beautiful team, and
- should we retain him as some sort of club "super agent", like Mendes at Wolves, to form a dream with Marcel Brands?

Your thoughts welcomed below please.

Wait until he is causing havoc in 3-4 years, trying to get Kean a move to get his next pay day
This. He’s only this for money, nothing else. But yeah, having a good relationship with key agents looks to be key in today’s game and we are blammo at it at the moment!

This. He’s only this for money, nothing else. But yeah, having a good relationship with key agents looks to be key in today’s game and we are blammo at it at the moment!
Look at how fragile the deal is though. Basically Everton have got Kean for 12 months for £30M and are going to have to sell him next season due to a buy back clause.

It's building a house on sand using Raiola. He's there to keep his assets moving around as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.