Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So singing "Rather be a P*** than a Scouser" and "You're effing owned by a Muslim" doesn't have racist intent then?

Ok whatever you say buddy.

Sounds pretty racist to me and the intent is obvious and has nothing to do with simply not acceptable words in this day and age.
Indeed

"You're effing owned by a Muslim" was sung by scousers - no way was that London accents. I didnt understand that myself

I think you’ll find that was sung by Millwall fans at our owner. Do get your facts right.

Its a song that's been sung for decades - was the country so offended by it 10 years ago ? No. The words haven't changes, just acceptance has.

Yes the country was appalled by it 10 years ago. End of.

Indeed

I think you’ll find that was sung by Millwall fans at our owner. Do get your facts right.

Yes the country was appalled by it 10 years ago. End of.

Not from the clip I heard on Twitter. The chant was sung with scouse accents.

As the Millwall lad has said, it wasn't only Millwall that "disgraced" themselves the other day. A number of our fans have gone looking for trouble and found it. If that is what they want to do then that is up to them, and it looked like 2 like minded groups going at it, but I am struggling to believe all these stories where our lot were innocently caught up in it and it was a one sided thing and all Millwall to blame.

That doesn't excuse the vile behaviour from Millwall by the way.

Met police and the FA have a lot to answer for too. It’s not like Millwall’s behaviour was a surprise and you schedule a game for later in the afternoon on a Saturday, when fans from both sides have a had a chance to have a drink? It was asking for trouble. This game should have immediately been flagged as a potential risk by the police and scheduled for a midday kick off. Then the away fans should have been given a safe drop off/meeting point and then frogmarched by police to the stadium.

Not from the clip I heard on Twitter. The chant was sung with scouse accents.

As the Millwall lad has said, it wasn't only Millwall that "disgraced" themselves the other day. A number of our fans have gone looking for trouble and found it. If that is what they want to do then that is up to them, and it looked like 2 like minded groups going at it, but I am struggling to believe all these stories where our lot were innocently caught up in it and it was a one sided thing and all Millwall to blame.

That doesn't excuse the vile behaviour from Millwall by the way.
I've never typed this sentence before, but Stan Collymore was spot on about the incident in his column in the newspaper today.

Hi - Millwall fan here trying to put a bit of perspective on what happened over the weekend.
First of all delighted with the result. Its been a tough season for us so far but as our 8th place finish last season shows, we are far better than our current league position shows and I am pretty confident that by the end of the season we should be sitting comfortably mid-table.
Tough conditions for both teams Saturday with that rain. Dread to think of the state of the pitch Sunday morning, its been great all season but we have had a unusually mild winter.
As for the game, hand on heart a draw would have probably been the fairest. I wouldn't have been too upset with that as Goodison Park is my favorite Premiership ground. Love the character and atmosphere created there. I was there last time we played you in the cup when Tim typically popped up with the winner.
Getting into the next round is fantastic for us financially but a disappointing draw as away tickets will be severely limited.

As for the trouble, I am getting pretty peed of that we seem to be taking the blame. Its been well documented that it was a pre-arranged fan by two sets of like minded yobs intent of causing trouble. These so-called Everton fans had been warning all week they were coming down mod handed and they were true to their word. What is a fact is they attacked a family pub and then went marching into the estate looking for Millwall - in which they found. Both sets of fans were carrying and one idiot came off the worst.
Personally I dont like or understand football violence, but if two like minded sets of fans want to engage then there isn't much you can do to stop them. I am just glad it was over a mile away from the ground.

As for the racist chanting - well it was just plain stupid. We all know the song and it has no racial intent however it uses words that are simply not acceptable in this day and age and the mentality of those who continue to sing it baffles the hell out of me.

Its such a shame that so much of this has over shadowed a great result for my club - 5th Premiership club in a row to be knocked out of the FA cup at the Den is no mean feat for a club of our size and resources. Just wish we could transfer more of that into the league.

As for your side, I think you have some great individual players but you seem to be missing that leader. - you need to make a signing like Liverpool (ducks) did with Virgil Van Dijk - I dont think too much tinkering is required but someone to shake the players up and is not afraid to yell and tell a few home truths during the match.
a family pub you say mate, looks like it from about 2,30 minutes in

there are clips going around of the Everton fans coming up to the pub and a hail of glasses and bottles getting thrown over at them, not saying they are blameless by the way, looks like the very young looking group of Everton lads got carried away
ps laughing at the knob in the white cap shouting the odds at the end , then is on his toes when the first person runs passed him , what warrior that lad is heart of a fkn lion NOT

we deserved to get beat because are team got outfought ., no excuse for that, good luck in the cup

Last edited:
there are clips going around of the Everton fans coming up to the pub and a hail of glasses and bottles getting thrown over at them, not saying they are blameless by the way, looks like the very young looking group of Everton lads got carried away
Everyone involved = dumb as rocks. Including this very young looking group of Everton lads.

Inappropriate Language
a family pub you say mate, looks like it from about 2,30 minutes in

ps laughing at the knob in the white cap shouting the odds at the end , then is on his toes when the first person runs passed him , what warrior that lad is heart of a fkn lion NOT

we deserved to get beat because are team got outfought ., no excuse for that, good luck in the cup

PMSL at them coming out the pub shouting "bush bush bush" when the coppers arrive to protect them.

Women and Kids my arse, bunch of shithouses.

On the basis that I’m sure we all agree that violence and racism has no place society let alone football, I’m locking this match thread as it’s simply unnecessarily prolonging a debate that’s only got one logical outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.