Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading these posts gives me (Millwall) hope that we might beat you tomorrow but then I remember the style of football that we play which is perfect for the Everton defenders.

We are a proper hoof ball team, which Mina, Zouma (who I rate as a Championship defender if that) and Keane will lap it up.

We may create 1 clear cut opportunity in the first half which we'll probably miss.

We will put so much energy into the first half we will end up fading after 50-60 minutes in which you'll dominate.

I think we have conceded about 15 goals or possibly more in the last 15 minutes of our matches.

We are a horrible football outfit at the moment who punched above our weight last year in the Championship because we went on a run of winning games which could have easily gone the other way, variance was on our side as we won each game by 1 goal. This season we have regressed back to the norm and find ourselves where we should be given our budget in a league where teams are spending £30million a year on building a team, or other clubs being able to reject offers of £20million for their players.

The style of football is percentage based, there is a big gap between the bottom of the Championship and top these days let alone the bottom of the Championship and Premiership.

It's a cup game, anything can happen but don't overestimate us, we are rubbish!!! Although the last game we went 5 in midfield and looked good against a poor Middlesbrough team, but again the last 30 minutes we tired and sat back and invited the equaliser.

Jed Wallace is our only creative spark these days and our goalkeeper normally has one howler in him. Steve Morison is a spent force, Lee Gregory (currently carrying an injury but still playing) runs around a lot, gets in the right places but isn't a clinical striker which is why he is playing for us. Aiden O'Brien pops up in the right places but is a striker playing in midfield. Our midfield......is bang average and our centre backs are big lumps who hoof it down the pitch at every opportunity.

If you play Tom Davies (Wouldn't take him at Millwall!!) or Theo Walcott then maybe we will stand a chance.

Last edited:

Got a very bad feeling about this. Think we need a change of system possibly tomorrow.

I'd be inclined to possibly go 3 at the back and try to have an out and out front 3 with pace. Lookman Calvert-Lewin Richarlison. Or something like that. I'd also like to get Walcott in too but I've no idea how. To be frank, there is no combination of 11 which fills me with any confidence. There were 5 or 6 players who's performances last week merited being dropped to the bench. So it's an extremely difficult decision of who to select for Silva.

To be honest any win here is a good one. I would take 1 nil right now.

Reading these posts gives me (Millwall) hope that we might beat you tomorrow but then I remember the style of football that we play which is perfect for the Everton defenders.

We are a proper hoof ball team, which Mina, Zouma (who I rate as a Championship defender if that) and Keane will lap it up.

We may create 1 clear cut opportunity in the first half which we'll probably miss.

We will put so much energy into the first half we will end up fading after 50-60 minutes in which you'll dominate.

I think we have conceded about 15 goals or possibly more in the last 15 minutes of our matches.

We are a horrible football outfit at the moment who punched above our weight last year in the Championship because we went on a run of winning games which could have easily gone the other way, variance was on our side as we won each game by 1 goal. This season we have regressed back to the norm and find ourselves where we should be given our budget in a league where teams are spending £30million a year on building a team, or other clubs being able to reject offers of £20million for their players.

The style of football is percentage based, there is a big gap between the bottom of the Championship and top these days let alone the bottom of the Championship and Premiership.

It's a cup game, anything can happen but don't overestimate us, we are rubbish!!! Although the last game we went 5 in midfield and looked good against a poor Middlesbrough team, but again the last 30 minutes we tired and sat back and invited the equaliser.

Jed Wallace is our only creative spark these days and our goalkeeper normally has one howler in him. Steve Morison is a spent force, Lee Gregory (currently carrying an injury but still playing) runs around a lot, gets in the right places but isn't a clinical striker which is why he is playing for us. Aiden O'Brien pops up in the right places but is a striker playing in midfield. Our midfield......is bang average and our centre backs are big lumps who hoof it down the pitch at every opportunity.

If you play Tom Davies (Wouldn't take him at Millwall!!) or Theo Walcott then maybe we will stand a chance.

This is all very encouraging but if it comes down to who wants it more we may struggle. We haven't looked like we want to win footy games recently.

We're going to bang these. They're utter rubbish, which is what a significant portion of their neanderthal fan base deserves.
Play lookman left, Walcott right. DCL up top. Once we're 2 up, give siggy and gana a rest. Sub gomes off for an extra cb to protect our 3 or 4 goal advantage with about 10 minutes left on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.