midfield trio

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're a long way from the homepage article, 'Can Godfrey do a job in midfield?'

Onana and Iwobi were superb yesterday.
I think at this stage they need a 6 rather than a 10 with them.

And while Gana continues to do of job of breaking up play he doesn't have what Garner can offer in other areas.
If Garner can get to Gana defensive level then the whole team will find another level.

Would like to see Garner instead of Gueye in there to really push us on.

Onana sitting deep, Garner distributing from deep and driving forward, Iwobi creating further up.

Would like to see Garner instead of Gueye in there to really push us on.

Onana sitting deep, Garner distributing from deep and driving forward, Iwobi creating further up.
I think the current 3 work perfectly.

I know Gana has been a bit sloppy with the ball, but he has without doubt made us more solid at the back.

The boy Garner is unfortunate to be sitting out currently, he will get his chance for sure.

Just look at the midfield now with Gana, Iwobi, Onana, Garner, Doucoure & Davies. If one gets injured then we have decent back ups
And now our first choice defence from start of last season are now our back ups. We are building a bit of depth, however think we will sell a couple

As the games begin to come thick and fast, Gueye will need to be rotated out, I think Garner will be an ideal replacement and, going forward, he will be our deep lying midfielder/playmaker. Gueye is playing very well, but, he can't be expected to play twice a week and maintain his current levels. A little bit of Garner giving each of our midfielders a break will, I feel, be where we go from here.

The manager mixed it up well yesterday. Same personnel but different roles. Good to be able to shift it around.

On that, it's a lot different having Onana and Gueye covering a number 10. Especially when it's one that works as hard as iwobi. A world away from Gomes, Allan and Sigurdson.

Status
Not open for further replies.