Mick Heaton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimeister

Player Valuation: £35m
Watching Sporting Heroes with Big Nev the other night and he mentioned Mick Heaton as being an unsung hero of the great side of the mid 80's. I remember reading an article in the programme a while back and Peter Reid said very similar and it was only then that I realised he had died in a car crash. Searching the net for him and there's very little information on his career which I think it's sad for someone who obviously had such an impact on arguably our greatest ever side. I always remember him as the curly haired bloke on the sidelines during some of my earliest and personally best memories of the club. So has anyone got any personal stories of Mick of what kind of man he was because it's a shame he's never mentioned when we talk about the good times.

Came with Howard from Blackburn I think,yep a key member of the coaching staff alongside Colin Harvey in that glorious era,RIP Mick.

In an interview with him a journalist was asking him questions about football, favourite food and films etc. the last question was, if you could change one thing what would it be. He answered, fairer distribution of wealth. This was twenty odd years before the G8 protesters and occupy Wall Street. Top bloke. Left everton and went back to blackburn rovers at the end of the eighties. Lost his life in a car accident on the way home from work.

I thought mick had left Everton when the glory days began, if I'm correct the night the banners were given out with
"Kendall out " on them, before a league cup game, the next day Colin Harvey was appointed coach, unless Mick took a lesser role.

I'm fairly certain Mick Heaton was still part of the set up when we won the Cup in 84. Harvey became first team coach in 83 I think but Heaton didn't leave for a while after that ...if my memory serves me right

Status
Not open for further replies.