MICK BUCKLEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my memory as a kid, there were big expectations fo Mick to fill in some way the massive void left in our midfield after Bally and later Colin Harvey and Howie went, a lot expected of one so young, maybe Mick didn't live up to that initial billing(He also starred when England youth won the mini World Cup I recall)but went on to have a decent career with us and then Sunderland,always a very neat and tidy midfielder I remember and had some very good games for EFC.

Mick was from Salford and his dad - I didn't know it at the time - used to give me a lift to Goodison when he saw me hitch-hiking down the East Lancs ;) ;)
His dad had his own small building firm in Manchester. When I left school in worked on the asphalt and we did sub contract work for him on the Playboy club in Manchester town centre in the early 70 s

Wow seven years ago; 59 years old is far too young :( RIP Mick Buckley.

I think that was the tackle where Smith, when he eventually got to his feet, could be seen asking his teammates who did the foul. They either wouldn't tell him or gave him duff information because a few minutes later he took his revenge on the equally diminutive Ronnie Goodlass, hacking him down and escaping with a booking from our friend Mr Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.