2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any legit sources linking Keane to West Ham other than Football Insider?

Even if Fab Romano, El Bobble, Paul Joyce, Lampard, Thelwell and Moshiri himself all stated that Moyes/West Ham had bid for Keane...

...no one would believe it.

If Keane moves this window i may have a flutter on them getting relegated.

100% mate - Keanes useful in certain games where we need to sit deep and win headers and for that its why he should be a squad player going forward.

Games against the top teams when we need 10 behind the ball, games against opposition with big physical units like WHU with players like Antonio, Soucek, Zouma who thrive off set pieces.

Playing Godfrey or Holgate in those games see's us get done at the back -- QPR done nothing but lump balls into Charlie Austin all night who bullied the pair of them just by winning simple headers.

Keanes biggest issue is playing more expansive football which is why long term I would rather him relegated to the bench most weeks but I would certainly keep him around the place.

I just see no benefit with Holgate who is an actual Championship CB.

Godfrey maybe given more time as COVID certainly hit him hard last season but his lack of ability in the air is a big worry for me.

Mad that you picked out a game where he got absolutely turned inside out all game by Antonio and ended up getting sent off.

Even if Fab Romano, El Bobble, Paul Joyce, Lampard, Thelwell and Moshiri himself all stated that Moyes/West Ham had bid for Keane...

Football Insider is jarg Zat, you however swear by it. Romano and Joyce are actual journalists so yeah it’d be more believable

I dunno, Moyes seems to have some kind of skills to get defenders working better than expected. His Everton teams bear proof of that.

Even at West Ham, he got Dawson from Watford for pittance, and Watford fans were overjoyed at seeing the back of Dawson. move the calendar one year and voila, Dawson is playing in Europe and excelling at that. Becomes a player that blocks and rocks goals.

So, it would be so Everton, that Keane goes to West Ham and becomes a great defender for them. :rolleyes:

EDIT: rectified a typo.

Per Transfer Tavern​

Enquiry made: Moyes now looking to raid Everton for £69k-p/w 'sponge'; he's a big admirer​

As per Football Insider, former Toffees manager Moyes is now interested in bringing to Keane to West Ham United this summer, as the Scot is a ‘big admirer’.

The Hammers have made an enquiry over the Englishman, with the view of potentially acting on their interest now that the window is officially open.

The verdict

With Tarkowski set to come in on a Bosman deal, the Blues can afford to let Keane go, especially if they can get a good price for him.

He is 29 years of age now, and so is likely to decline over the next few seasons, meaning that the summer is the optimum time to cash in.

Keane is currently earning £69,000-per-week, and it would also be handy for Frank Lampard’s team to get those wages off of their books.

Calling someone a 'Sponge' is very Peter Kay. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a wind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.