2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean the source is garbo but still.....................

the most telling part of the article: "However, it seems as if several EFC supporters would still like to see the back of the 27-year old if he joined the Catalan giants, perhaps feeling that they could get a lot of money for a player they maybe do not rate as highly."

Gutted they didn't show the slo-mo of him getting the ball blasted at his shnozz from a yard away. Even the producers at Sky were feeling sorry for him that point.

What goes through this geezers head? He sees Harry Kane drop into the ten and thinks to himself: "yeah I'll follow him in there, nick the ball off him and play on the front foot, he ain't got nothing on me". Michael lad, this is one of the best 9s in world football, have a word

I know he’s out himself forward, but you’ve got to take out wider interest and his too as a priority and getting him in a better headspace.

We kin do have options. We have Branthwaite who, despite being young and inexperienced, hasn't single-handedly cost us about 15 points this season. Any available centre half is a better option than Michael Keane, so "don't have options" is a terrible excuse.

I would not start him anymore. We have given him lots of chances to improve. Obviously, he or our backroom staff cant turn it round. Then, if Brathwaite can grow up by game time, why we still let Keane to start? I do not have that statistics but the pattern of our lose game is:
Good/ Fair Start>Keane or defence line idiot mistakes>Put the defence line more front to find a goal >Another ball lose. We cant score more is a problem but I would not blame them too much…

Get well soon Mike.

Remember, football is a game, it is NOT a matter of life and death.
Let’s be honest here, Michael Keane, when he is in the very best of health, is still a very poor defender with absolutely no aggression in his play that is essential to be being a dominant footballer in any position and that’s apart from his very obvious other faults. If he is ill I honestly hope he recovers but he is not really any help to Everton at this time when we need fighters to help get us out of the plight we are in.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's having panic attacks again, or whatever psychological issues it was last time. This isn't a knock on him, if he is suffering like that then it's a disgrace by the manager to be selecting him and putting him in the firing line. Keane is atrocious even on a good day, so to be playing him when he's obviously struggling mentally (if so) is outrageous. By continuing to play him, you're basically telling the team that they need to score a bare minimum of two goals to win a football match at home, and three or four goals if playing away, and we know we're not capable of that. Three own goals now this season, and then you add in all of his pathetic general displays on top of that, like against Southampton at home, then it's not hard to see that he's single-handedly cost us probably 10+ points. There can be no excuses now to play him. Branthwaite is fit, and even if he's unproven he isn't the one who has stunk the place out in every single game this season. Keane needs dropping NOW, and needs to leave Everton for the benefit of his health.

No serious club would have bought him in the first place, never mind kept him in the team for five terrible years and handed him a pay rise.

If he can't hack it mentally anymore, he should walk away for his own good. I'm sure he's made enough money to never have to get a real job, so he can see out his days painting landscapes while listening to calming ocean sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.