2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this in the Echo "He told Everton's official match programme: "You should work on the mental side as much as anything else, but I don't think it's the case that many do. I think a lot of players don't work enough on their states of mind before going into games.":rolleyes:

When he came on after Delph got sent off, with Holgate moving into midfield, I thought Keane quietly did a solid job.

It was a little nervy there at the end before our third goal, with Watford on the front foot. You'd expect that away and down a man. But Watford never seriously threatened and props to Keane for keeping things calm at the back.

Did okay today. Dealt with his bread and butter pretty well. Looked a bit nervous a couple of times which makes me think that the lad needs to keep seeing the sports psychologist . Come on lad you are a monster of a man, just have some self belief!

Watching the TV, I thought he had a solid if unspectacular game. Carol is slowly bringing a little confidence to all the players - but for Pickford's howler it would have been a clean sheet.

Watching the TV, I thought he had a solid if unspectacular game. Carol is slowly bringing a little confidence to all the players - but for Pickford's howler it would have been a clean sheet.
Did his bread and butter stuff well but the panic and urgency he had when passing was pretty telling. The lads nerves have gone. Massive shame as he needs to realise he is a mountain of a man.

....presume he played because of Benteke’s threat in the air. Benteke is slower than me, disappointing he managed to get in behind for the goal. I am 63.

Ancelotti's giving him chances, saying 'I want you to mark Benteke today son'. I hope he doesn't make a habit of leaving Holgate on the bench, but me today was a postive, an assured performance by Keane over the 90 minutes making the case why he deserves to be part of Ancelotti's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.