2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
But don't we usually lose to reserve teams. Lucky that Keane did score. Because our forwards would still be huffing and puffing trying to score. Let's be thankful for small mercies. This return to playing football has been mainly awful. So it's three points and move on. Get fit and fighting for next season. Hopefully....
No but we have been known to lose to team that plays their kids... That being said,You're right that it's 3 points in the bag and we move forward

There's also a bit in The Athletic about him but I dont have a subcription

It was a really good article in The Athletic.

In summary, Keane has been working really hard on improving his game during the time away, working with one of his old trainers, analysis videos etc.

Also, the more disciplined formation we have out of possession and playing alongside Holgate is really benefitting him. It is playing to his strengths, clearances and interceptions around the box, and minimising his relative weaknesses such as getting exposed by pace in the channels and quick interplay.

I like Keane. I think he is a solid option in our squad, especially under a manager like Ancelotti.

He also comes across as really sound.

He occasionally has these little spells where he doesn't get exposed for a couple of weeks, and we become blinded by the fact that he seems a bit more relatable than your average 20-something millionaire.

If the plan is to continue with a deep, compact defence, by all means keep him on. If, however, the plan is to open up and hold a high line next season, I think it'd be a good idea to look for a buyer before his contract situation becomes an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.