Merson the most anti-Everton pundit today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandjango

Once a blue always a....
I am fed up with the constant belittling of our club and everything about it ... according to MersArse ...Before Theo signed he was spouting we were not good enough for him ...and now that he has signed he has only come for the money .......this has pretty much gone on all season in one form or another
What’s his gripe ?

I am fed up with the constant belittling of our club and everything about it ... according to MersArse ...Before Theo signed he was spouting we were not good enough for him ...and now that he has signed he has only come for the money .......this has pretty much gone on all season in one form or another
What’s his gripe ?
He didn't say we weren't good enough for us. He said he thought he would join Southampton or Bournemouth as it would mean less of an upheaval for Walcott and his family. There are an awful lot more pundits who give us stick more then Merson.
And in fairness we deserve plenty flak

He didn't say we weren't good enough for us. He said he thought he would join Southampton or Bournemouth as it would mean less of an upheaval for Walcott and his family. There are an awful lot more pundits who give us stick more then Merson.
And in fairness we deserve plenty flak
He said ...
“Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Merson has advised Theo Walcott against a move to Everton and believes the out-of-favour forward would flourish if he joined Bournemouth due to their attacking style of play.”..... which may be true

What’s his gripe ?

I don't really listen to anything he says anymore but he always used to be really complimentary of us? He's probably just calling us out for the circus that we are. You can't deny we are a complete mess right now.

He said ...
“Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Merson has advised Theo Walcott against a move to Everton and believes the out-of-favour forward would flourish if he joined Bournemouth due to their attacking style of play.”..... which may be true
Don't think that means we are not good enough though. Are Bournemouth better. On sky last Saturday he said he done some thing similar himself when he joined Middlesborough and he regretted it and if he was Walcott he would stay closer to London

Here's a typical range of Merson comments:

"Dont get me wrong Jeff, Everton are a massive club. But you have to say Andy Carroll would be ruining his career if he went there right now"
"Jeff, I love Everton they're a big traditional club, but you wouldn't say to a player go and join them and win trophies would you?"
"They're a fantastic club, Everton, but come on Jeff they cant be seen as Champions League contenders"

Damned with faint praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.