Memory Lane - your first Everton game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffeelover

Player Valuation: £80m
Not sure if this has been done before but let the forum here what was your first Everton game and the details.

I will start, it was back in 1963, 11th May to be exact. I was 11 years old and had only just come out of hospital a couple of months before and was somewhat weak Dad had been able to get a pair of tickets for the GSE stand.

The game was against Fulham and we beat them 4-1 to win the 1962/63 league championship our first for many years. Roy Vernon scored a hat trick, suppose should have felt sorry for Tony Macedo but that is football. There was over 50000 attendance, at the final whistle the ground erupted as you can guess. All the players came out in the director's box lined up either side of Harry Catterick and John Moores.

That was my first baptism of fire.

What was yours?

Everton 0 Liverpool 5

I should have just jibbed it off right there.

Wasn't my first football game though, actually went to watch the RS first as my cousin took me to see Liverpool, I think it was against Aston Villa, probably a big game back then as they were not far removed from being European champions.

I preferred Everton's kit though so here I am years later....

Mine was at home to Villa on boxing day 1990. We won 1-0 but I forget who scored. My dad knew a couple of season ticket holders who couldn't go and so we got the tickets.

Everton 0 Liverpool 5

I should have just jibbed it off right there.

Wasn't my first football game though, actually went to watch the RS first as my cousin took me to see Liverpool, I think it was against Aston Villa, probably a big game back then as they were not far removed from being European champions.

I preferred Everton's kit though so here I am years later....
Sheffield United 2 Everton 1

League cup. 1993 I think.

Brian Deane ripped us apart and Pat Nevin scores with a cross.

I really should have known what I was letting myself in for the rest of these years based on my first game.
Banter FC.

Everton that.

Everton 0 Swansea 0 February 1953. Clinton missed a penalty. The boys' pen was fairly full but not as crowded as the Anfield Boys' pen always was. I occasionally watched Liverpool as well but was already a blue when Liverpool got relegated in 1954.

Ipswich April 75. 1-1, Trevor Whymark scored for the visitors Lyons equalised for the blues. Being in Goodison Park at 1.50pm that day was like being in Heaven. One of the best days of my life. We blew the league that year. We were top after this game then drew 1-1 with Burnley, losing 3-0 to Carlisle, Losing 2-1 at Luton and losing 3-2 at home to Sheff Utd after being 2 goals up. We finished 4th. I didn't really care I was madly in love and have been ever since.

Saw a couple of Central League games,think one was v Sheff United.First taste of the real thing was Blackpool in the boys pen.5-0

Everton 0 Swansea 0 February 1953. Clinton missed a penalty. The boys' pen was fairly full but not as crowded as the Anfield Boys' pen always was. I occasionally watched Liverpool as well but was already a blue when Liverpool got relegated in 1954.
Did you take Bills bus fare off him,or was it just me?

I've said before on this forum (and rightfully received some stick for it) but my first Everton game was as an Arsenal fan when I was 9 in August 2004. I converted to an Everton fan like my dad after seeing Goodison and my first proper Everton game as a fan was in March of the same season as we lost to a solitary Jon Stead goal against Blackburn. Everton that.

No idea what my first match was.

First match of my season ticket was January 2006 (it was initially a half season ticket) against Charlton, when Tim Cahill first boxed the corner flag (I'm pretty sure it was his first time).

Status
Not open for further replies.