Medical team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedfordblue

Player Valuation: ¥50m
Coincidence / timing or are the efforts of the new medical team beginning to bear fruit?
Has replacing the master of the mystic arts been a good thing or not?

Apparently the only 1st teamer not training is Townsend atm.

The Toffees manager said: “We’ve made a couple of changes in the medical department, brought in some talented people and people in the sports science area as well.
“It’s important to say at that point that it’s not their responsibility as a department. There are always contributing factors to injuries - some were long-term injuries when I came in.

Good point!

I think many of us have pondered over the last few seasons as to why we seem to always have players out with injuries which seem to take ages to resolve and this subject has been raised numerous times before.

But I also think that when a team is not performing well, coming in for criticism and there is a lack of togetherness within the dressing room and on the pitch then some players are quite happy to shirk their responsibilities and find an excuse to visit the treatment room for a spell away from the pressure. It's human nature but still pretty poor and shows up a distinct lack of character. However, FL and his backroom staff plus the additions made to the squad are, hopefully, turning the whole psyche of the Club around and instilling a 'band of brothers' mentality where players are now wanting to play and perform well.

Coincidence / timing or are the efforts of the new medical team beginning to bear fruit?

The Toffees manager said: “We’ve made a couple of changes in the medical department, brought in some talented people and people in the sports science area as well.
“It’s important to say at that point that it’s not their responsibility as a department. There are always contributing factors to injuries - some were long-term injuries when I came in.
Hopefully, i think new recruits have been chosen to be more hardy aswell. No point signing a sicknote who gives you no consistency.

So all the leeches...in both senses of the word...in our Med Dept. are now redundant and the new brooms are incharge
Can they keep Mina fit enough to sell though?

Good point!

I think many of us have pondered over the last few seasons as to why we seem to always have players out with injuries which seem to take ages to resolve and this subject has been raised numerous times before.

But I also think that when a team is not performing well, coming in for criticism and there is a lack of togetherness within the dressing room and on the pitch then some players are quite happy to shirk their responsibilities and find an excuse to visit the treatment room for a spell away from the pressure. It's human nature but still pretty poor and shows up a distinct lack of character. However, FL and his backroom staff plus the additions made to the squad are, hopefully, turning the whole psyche of the Club around and instilling a 'band of brothers' mentality where players are now wanting to play and perform well.
A big part is having decent backup and depth so you don’t have to rush players back.

We haven’t had that for a while. We always seemed to be down to bare bones and needed players back immediately.

He has also deliberately signed more robust players and its showing. Different situation now due to better squad management and recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.