Media relishing Everton’s demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty "I'd love it :)" but given I am 45 years old and only seen us win the Championship a couple of times and an "intertoto cup" I won't be holding my breath. Doesn't stop me loving NUFC though - thick or thin.
Commendable

Bad decisions have always occurred (pre and post VAR) it is nothing new, I recall NUFC going over a season with no penalty awarded to us (despite a couple being quite clear) fortunately that wasn't one of our relegation years.

You asked for my opinion though so here it is: We can all review the minutiae of decisions that cost our teams, and it is painful if you feel totally robbed in a match. Ultimately though that is not what relegates teams. 9 times out of 10 it is bad decisions at the board level these days and the effect that can have on fans and players.
I don't think you will have many arguing that Everton have put themselves in this position with atrocious management of the club and horrific player acquisition however the favouritism shown to a very small number sides is killing the game. Was it Clattenburg who said 'you. don't give penalties against Liverpool in dying minutes of a game'. Corrupt or horrifically inept, you choose

I don't think you will have many arguing that Everton have put themselves in this position with atrocious management of the club and horrific player acquisition however the favouritism shown to a very small number sides is killing the game. Was it Clattenburg who said 'you. don't give penalties against Liverpool in dying minutes of a game'. Corrupt or horrifically inept, you choose
I don't recall that Clattenburg quote specifically, when he said that, or why, or the the wider context of that quote so I shall not pick corrupt or inept thanks.

Ffs, the conspiracies here never end. So your dodgy owners spent a ton of money badly and this is is where you are. It happens to all kinds of teams. All this talk of it being a corrupt system is frankly just sour grapes from some fans who can't seem to deal with the POSSIBILITY of relegation (note the emphasis there) I bet had the 0.5 billion spent worked out better you would not be saying saying that "it's a closed shop etc etc"

As an aside, in my opinion the big 6 is kinda untrue these days anyway. There is 3 - RS, Man C and Chelski (and depending on the takeover of Chelski that might become 2) Man Utd certainly don't qualify based on recent history, just overall history and when you think about it Spurs and Arsenal haven't been too great for a while.

The "top 6" is breakable with smart investment in the right people and facilities - of that I am certain. Its just that isn't what Everton did in the last years.

PS. and that is why they media love it!
Our dodgy owners? Don't your owners chop up journalists?

Well non of the actual board members or PIF representatives at NUFC have chopped anyone up as far as I am aware. But in case you're right you wouldn't happen to have Richard Keys address would you?
It must be very motivating for Newcastle’s players that the mere knowledge of the owners “associates” has them playing for their lives as well as their livelihoods…amazing uptick in form after the owners visited the dressing room after the defeat by Cambridge in the FA Cup!

It must be very motivating for Newcastle’s players that the mere knowledge of the owners “associates” has them playing for their lives as well as their livelihoods…amazing uptick in form after the owners visited the dressing room after the defeat by Cambridge in the FA Cup!
Interesting point of view. Personally I put everything good that happened since that day down to Eddie Howe.

It’s click bait media, it easy to feel sorry for ourselves but us going down is a big story. So obviously it’s a story for the media. Norwich went down today without as much as a whimper. We are a story because it’s a big story so we have to suck it up and fight until the end. Yes there are a few kopite journos gaslighting but what do we expect. we shouldn’t be in this position but we are here and we have to show what we are made of. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.