Media relishing Everton’s demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geordies certainly enjoying our troubles from what I see. I spent 10 minutes on Twitter yesterday and it felt deeply unpleasant honestly. Would have expected nothing less of the RS, but it felt like a lot of hate out there.

I won't do so again and would advise others to stay off it too. It's not good for your mental health.
I agree mate
Newcastle fans are the worst I’ve ever come across
Total hatred towards us. Can’t understand why as generally they are nice people when I’ve worked and met with them
Maybe its
Football tribalism and jealousy as Everton have been more successful historically

I agree mate
Total hatred towards us. Can’t understand why as generally they are nice people when I’ve worked and met with them
Maybe its
Football tribalism and jealousy as Everton have been more successful historically

Because we are only one of a few clubs who dont fall for their/media fuelled "giant club" nonsense.

They hate Villa as well - another genuine big club like us who know a fraud when they see one.

A 1 club city with a big stadium. Thats all they'll ever be.

Ffs, the conspiracies here never end. So your dodgy owners spent a ton of money badly and this is is where you are. It happens to all kinds of teams. All this talk of it being a corrupt system is frankly just sour grapes from some fans who can't seem to deal with the POSSIBILITY of relegation (note the emphasis there) I bet had the 0.5 billion spent worked out better you would not be saying saying that "it's a closed shop etc etc"

As an aside, in my opinion the big 6 is kinda untrue these days anyway. There is 3 - RS, Man C and Chelski (and depending on the takeover of Chelski that might become 2) Man Utd certainly don't qualify based on recent history, just overall history and when you think about it Spurs and Arsenal haven't been too great for a while.

The "top 6" is breakable with smart investment in the right people and facilities - of that I am certain. Its just that isn't what Everton did in the last years.

PS. and that is why they media love it!

Ffs, the conspiracies here never end. So your dodgy owners spent a ton of money badly and this is is where you are. It happens to all kinds of teams. All this talk of it being a corrupt system is frankly just sour grapes from some fans who can't seem to deal with the POSSIBILITY of relegation (note the emphasis there) I bet had the 0.5 billion spent worked out better you would not be saying saying that "it's a closed shop etc etc"

As an aside, in my opinion the big 6 is kinda untrue these days anyway. There is 3 - RS, Man C and Chelski (and depending on the takeover of Chelski that might become 2) Man Utd certainly don't qualify based on recent history, just overall history and when you think about it Spurs and Arsenal haven't been too great for a while.

The "top 6" is breakable with smart investment in the right people and facilities - of that I am certain. Its just that isn't what Everton did in the last years.

PS. and that is why they media love it!
Not quite sure what that finger is for Malfosse? Your lads pulled their fingers out today you should be happy surely! Destiny is back in your fingers ;-)

I agree mate
Maybe its
I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us. I recall the worst day of my life as a child. I was in primary school and my best mate at
I agree mate
Maybe its
I agree mate
Maybe its
I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us.

I recall the worst day of my life as a young fan. I was in primary school and my best mates dad, a red, informed me that they had just signed Peter Beardsley while he is giving us a lift to school. I just sat I the back seat, biting my lip and holding back the tears. We always have to sell our best players I recall thinking. But I never held a grudge about it.

After all, at least I was the only Newcastle fan at School and as opposed to being the only Man Utd fan, most lads just felt sorry for my [Poor language removed] team whereas the Manc got bullied quite a lot, and had a [Poor language removed] team.

I recall when even Tranmere were technically a better team than NUFC. However, none of this mattered to me, I was born a Toon fan and I shall die one, irrespective of success.

I kinda resigned myself to the possibility that that I would never see NUFC win anything significant back in mid early 20's.

Anyway, I digress, I will explain why some Geordies don't like you guys. It is quite simple. You lord your non-recent success over others. Statements such as "biggest team to ever get relegated (which hasn't even happened)" Is somewhat disrespectfull to others, for example N. Forest or even Man Utd last time they went down).

Some NUFC fans also consider you to be the "Mackems of Merseyside" - I won't bother to explain that further as those that get it will understand.

I do agree though that in general aside from the odd clown we are "generally nice people" as are you guys and gals.

I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us. I recall the worst day of my life as a child. I was in primary school and my best mate at

I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us.

I recall the worst day of my life as a young fan. I was in primary school and my best mates dad, a red, informed me that they had just signed Peter Beardsley while he is giving us a lift to school. I just sat I the back seat, biting my lip and holding back the tears. We always have to sell our best players I recall thinking. But I never held a grudge about it.

After all, at least I was the only Newcastle fan at School and as opposed to being the only Man Utd fan, most lads just felt sorry for my [Poor language removed] team whereas the Manc got bullied quite a lot, and had a [Poor language removed] team.

I recall when even Tranmere were technically a better team than NUFC. However, none of this mattered to me, I was born a Toon fan and I shall die one, irrespective of success.

I kinda resigned myself to the possibility that that I would never see NUFC win anything significant back in mid early 20's.

Anyway, I digress, I will explain why some Geordies don't like you guys. It is quite simple. You lord your non-recent success over others. Statements such as "biggest team to ever get relegated (which hasn't even happened)" Is somewhat disrespectfull to others, for example N. Forest or even Man Utd last time they went down).

Some NUFC fans also consider you to be the "Mackems of Merseyside" - I won't bother to explain that further as those that get it will understand.

I do agree though that in general aside from the odd clown we are "generally nice people" as are you guys and gals.
thanks for that

What do you mean mate “we lord our non-recent success over others”
Everton as a club has a very proud fan base that takes any criticism towards its club personally. Our club has many firsts which I can’t be bothered listing. We also have to be one of the most unlucky clubs ever. Our fans are sick of the injustices time after time.
You try living in a shared city with a disgusting football club that cost you being a top club in Europe through events that were no fault of there own.
On that scale what has Sunderland ever done to you?
The biggest club going down? Did any Evertonian say that ffs? Spitty from the pit came out with that one. Talk to sky about that if it upsets you
I tell you this much I don’t disrespect any club
We tend to say things how they are and straight to the point. That gets you into trouble mostly but so be it
Your statement about us being Mackems is pathetic
Anyway I have a good few geordie mates and they have no idea why there is this hatred. More from Newcastle than from us by the way.
Maybe it’s just social media idiots i don’t know
Anyway have a good day

I don't think I've ever gloated about our very long non recent success over anyone and i don't think I've met an Evertonian who has either. It's not something to lord over as you put it.

Though I guess it's why I've always called Newcastle fans the Kopites of the North as well for their constant delusion.

But that's rivalry for you Geordie John, you support your club and we support ours and ots only right you want to defend your club just like we defend ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.