Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go easy on him, Chris is a bit, shall we say 'challenged'

Read the replies. It's the business that carries the debt, not the individual. Are you entirley familiar with the fact that Everton are a limited company and that in any case Moshiri is not a director of it?

Good lord. I suggest you save those Lol emoticons and self apply them mate.

Not reading this whole thread. Clearly there are going to be retractable, or removable lower portions of the stands. This actually isn't brain surgery.

Regardless Liverpool would have to win the bid first, which others have said is likely to go to Birmingham anyway.

Not worth getting too arsed about at this point if you ask me.

I am starting to chill out about the whole thing now. Like a few have suggested there has to be something going on with one of the end stands whether it be moveable which could also benefit not just athletics or but other events or it is not being finished until after the games.

Given the length required for the the Olympic track (would not come close to fitting in the new Spurs stadium) the promise of close proximity and the time scale to install and remove this appears to be the only realistic solution to the riddle. If we have 4 permanent unmoveable stands at least one of the ends will look ridiculous. Hopefully we find out soon

My opinion...

-The stadium won't have 'a reduced capacity at first'.
-The stadium will have it's 'FINAL' capacity at first.
-Because it's being built as a football stadium not an athletics stadium.
-It won't have removable stands, because it won't be used for athletics again following the Commonwealth Games.
-The athletics track is a temporary one time only special deal.
-Yes, it will be built on stilts, above the pitch and into the stands, positioned above seating, taking out at least the first 10 rows of all stands, maybe more depending on the steepness gradient. This is not a joke, this is how the removable temporary track was built at Hampden.
- Yes, the stands weren't as steep at Hampden as they will be at BMD, but that's the challenging Meis is meeting and why he's paid the big bucks.
-Dan Meis tweeted just a few days ago that the new stadium 'will be nothing like West Ham's', i.e. no permanent running track and the stands will be close to the pitch. He is the world-renowned architect designing the stadium. He is not going to lie and create ill-will.
- We do not have any future aspirations or plans to 'host the Diamond League' FFS.

Don't understand why people keep acting and posting like the running track is a permanent thing, will affect the design, is a factor in the design, or pretty much any and all of these things, where people seem to be taking the complete opposite view of what Mayor Anderson wrote and what Dan Meis tweets on a daily basis. Y'all would/will fail your GCSE English Comprehension test based on your posts, that's for sure.

As for the person who wanted a roof... the stadium is situated in one of the most scenic sites in the country. The last thing you do is put a roof on a stadium in that position and block out the scenery.

D&H
You cannot fit a track on stilts into a four-sided intimate steep-stand close to pitch design without a retractable stand or lower tier at one end. There simply isn't enough space. Checked with a mate at HOK who confirms that the numbers do not work without big gaps around pitch/being able to 'open out' an end/very shallow stands. Meis is bound by the space and cannot change the laws of physics. He has to either compromise the design or have a trick or two up his sleeve

l. There is no running track. Why Because he now knows there is no chance of a permanent running track at BMD or even a temporary one. ..... nor is there any contingency plan to change the design and insert a track if the bid is successful.

My opinion...

-Yes, it will be built on stilts, above the pitch and into the stands, positioned above seating, taking out at least the first 10 rows of all stands, maybe more depending on the steepness gradient. This is not a joke, this is how the removable temporary track was built at Hampden

??????????

It is time the lies to stop please Mr HarperFrand

My opinion...

-The stadium won't have 'a reduced capacity at first'.
-The stadium will have it's 'FINAL' capacity at first.
-Because it's being built as a football stadium not an athletics stadium.
-It won't have removable stands, because it won't be used for athletics again following the Commonwealth Games.
-Yes, it will be built on stilts, above the pitch and into the stands, positioned above seating, taking out at least the first 10 rows of all stands, maybe more depending on the steepness gradient. This is not a joke, this is how the removable temporary track was built at Hampden.
- Yes, the stands weren't as steep at Hampden as they will be at BMD, but that's the challenging Meis is meeting and why he's paid the big bucks.
-Dan Meis tweeted just a few days ago that the new stadium 'will be nothing like West Ham's', i.e. no permanent running track and the stands will be close to the pitch. He is the world-renowned architect designing the stadium. He is not going to lie and create ill-will.
- We do not have any future aspirations or plans to 'host the Diamond League' FFS.

Don't understand why people keep acting and posting like the running track is a permanent thing, will affect the design, is a factor in the design, or pretty much any and all of these things, where people seem to be taking the complete opposite view of what Mayor Anderson wrote and what Dan Meis tweets on a daily basis. Y'all would/will fail your GCSE English Comprehension test based on your posts, that's for sure.

As for the person who wanted a roof... the stadium is situated in one of the most scenic sites in the country. The last thing you do is put a roof on a stadium in that position and block out the scenery.

Are you a troll now??

Meis isn't the one talking about a running track mate. It's trolls on here who keep bringing it up because they find it amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.