Matthew Pennington off to Stoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Down the M6, take the sign post to the Bermuda Triangle. Won't being seeing him again.

Seriously though, hope he has a great career from here on in, and that he uses all those brains to make the most of it. Good luck to him.

It means anyone in the world who wasn’t both born in AND lived their entire lives in the Liverpool city boundary. Proud wool here.

Has it changed in recent years? I thought wools were just those of us outside but close to Liverpool such as Sintellins, Warrington, Wigan etc - places where people might have moved to and/or worked in Liverpool with it being the local port. Always sounds a bit weird when I hear it aimed at Londoners or Scandinavians.

Did you know the term ‘wool’ was actually originally a term used for the dockers? They put wool on their backs to keep them warm whilst working on the dock unloading coal from the ships. Just saying. See that term banded around a bit on here. Btw born and bred in Liverpool.

I thought it was for traders from outside Liverpool who used to bring in wool down to the docks and they carried it on their backs hence ‘Wooly back’

Status
Not open for further replies.