MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a ticket in P2 (the neutral bit) in the Putney End for tonight. Any other blues sat in the neutral bit? Wouldn't mind a bit of a sing song.

I am also looking forward to paying my respects to the King of Pop before the game.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/martinez-your-big-chance-prove-6083900

For me, if he's going to make wholesale changes tonight as predicted, that's a mistake.

It's very positive, and if he pulls the win off then we're laughing having rested players and given youngsters and peripheral players a shot of confidence. But I think he could be doing his rotation by bringing players into league games for a run out of half an hour or so depending on the scoreline. He's done this to a certain degree anyway. If this tie was at home against lower league opposition, fair enough. But away to an experienced PL team is a big gamble.

I hope he's not making a rod for his own back here. Progress in this cup should be a primary not a secondary target. At the very least I'd want Lukaku involved and players like Baines and Barry (if, as expected, they're benched) ready to come on if the plan isn't working early in the game.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/martinez-your-big-chance-prove-6083900

For me, if he's going to make wholesale changes tonight as predicted, that's a mistake.

It's very positive, and if he pulls the win off then we're laughing having rested players and given youngsters and peripheral players a shot of confidence. But I think he could be doing his rotation by bringing players into league games for a run out of half an hour or so depending on the scoreline. He's done this to a certain degree anyway. If this tie was at home against lower league opposition, fair enough. But away to an experienced PL team is a big gamble.

iI hope he's not making a rod for his own back here. Progress in this cup should be a primary not a secondary target. At the very least I'd want Lukaku involved and players like Baines and Barry (if, as expected, they're benched) ready to come on if the plan isn't working early in the game.

think he might be trying to keep the squad happy(also a mistake) i'll let him off as its one of the few things ive disagreed with on so far..

I hope he's not making a rod for his own back here. Progress in this cup should be a primary not a secondary target. At the very least I'd want Lukaku involved and players like Baines and Barry (if, as expected, they're benched) ready to come on if the plan isn't working early in the game.

If the changes are

Naismith OFF Deulofeu ON
Baines OFF Oviedo ON
Jelavic OFF Lukaku/Kone ON
Coleman OFF Stones ON

I think we'll be fine.

Don't be a smart arse

You said it was a mistake trying to keep the squad happy

Why is it?

ooh blimey, i am naughty

shouldnt be necessary, if your good enough you will play in the 1st team..if not you will have to wait, anyway letting them 'have a go' in the COC is a bit patronising anyway, especially if we change the team back if we get to the latter stages

The premiership and the F.A are the most important, and we have to give players a chance to win a place such as Deulofeu and McCarthy, Stones a chance, I would like to see our manager use a squad rather then a first 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.