Match tactics for tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as they're physically and mentally miles, miles fitter than our squad, have a winning attitude from top to bottom in their club, are bang in form smashing teams left, right and centre and we resemble some kind of League One outfit..
I fully expect Benitez to go for damage limitation with Richarlison absolutely isolated up front by himself and is with 5 at the back yet still looking like we're playing against 15 men. They'll probably even rest a player or two and still end up winning by five clear goals. Could be one of the lowest nights in our recent history this.

Seeing as they're physically and mentally miles, miles fitter than our squad, have a winning attitude from top to bottom in their club, are bang in form smashing teams left, right and centre and we resemble some kind of League One outfit..
I fully expect Benitez to go for damage limitation with Richarlison absolutely isolated up front by himself and is with 5 at the back yet still looking like we're playing against 15 men. They'll probably even rest a player or two and still end up winning by five clear goals. Could be one of the lowest nights in our recent history this.
Boot the feck out of them....no prisoners,
COYB.

Can't we just knock it about amongst ourselves for 90 minutes.. as Shankly used to say you can't concede if you have the ball.

Perhaps if we keep possession at the back and play really slowly (in open play) we could consume a lot of time. Plus we could hoof it into the far corner as often as possible and take a breather.

Our best chance is to not play football at all and hope for a 0-0.

Defend with a flat back 4 and 2 defensive midfielders. Wingers pushed right up in a 433 shape, with Richarlison in the middle but deeper. Get the ball forward quickly into the channel and allow Doucoure to be the 1 of the midfield 3 who gets into the box.

Defend with a flat back 4 and 2 defensive midfielders. Wingers pushed right up in a 433 shape, with Richarlison in the middle but deeper. Get the ball forward quickly into the channel and allow Doucoure to be the 1 of the midfield 3 who gets into the box.
I think you are being generous if you think our pack of no marks understand the concepts of defend, channels, or what 'getting into the box' actually means.

Status
Not open for further replies.