Match Ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
We don't have this kinda thread and I've seen people say people were [Poor language removed] who I thought played well and vice versa so I thought it would be a good idea to do match ratings.

Howard- Made a couple of decent saves, saved well from Gerrard at the end. Not really at fault for the goals either. 6

Hibbert- Good performance I thought, made a few good interceptions and did well against Dossena and Reira. 6

Yobo
- I thought he did well, Probably should've marked Torres for his second goal - he seemed to be just marking space. 5 1/2

Jagielka
- Got some typical Jagielka blocks in easily saved atleast 2 goals with those blocks. Played with alot of passion. 7 MotM

Lescott
- One of his better games this season, played fairly well and was an outlet down the left. 6

Neville
- Made some great tackles and got stuck in when needed, never going to ever be man of the match material but this was another decent performance from a decent player. 6

Osman
- Worked hard... did very little else though. apart from spray the ball into touch my favourite pass being the one he put onto Torres' chest... 4

Cahill- Missed a sitter in the first half, when our team looked down and out he looked like the only player with a bit of tenacity... but that got him sent off. 6

Fellaini- played neat and tidy football, plays some lovely passes and was unlucky not to score twice. Used his height and his strength very well I thought. 7

Arteta- Crap to be honest, set pieces are absolutely diabolical only this time he doesn't have any injury to use as an excuse for them being so crap. Lost posession cheaply to Reira for Torres' second. 5

Yakubu
- if he doesn't score he offers nothing to the team, no work rate, no hold up play... and what the hell was with the dives today? 4

Saha- Won a couple of good headers from the hoof merchants, Yakubu seemed to play a little bit better with Saha on the field. Had 2 good chances aswell. not alot he could do when we went a man down though. 6

Let's hear how well you guys think...

Howard - 6

Hibbert - 5

Yobo - 5

Jagielka - 8

Lescott - 5

Arteta - 6

Fellaini - 6

Cahill - 6

Osman - 6

Neville - 6

Yakubu - 4

Im being generous too

Howard - didnt do anything wrong, but nothing spectacular 7
Hibbert - [Poor language removed] awful, was constantly attacked and ripped, never looked for a pass, just the [Poor language removed] longball = gave away possession so much 0
Yobo - not concentrating again, [Poor language removed] sakes 5
Jagielka - man of the match, great tackles, interceptions, made some good attempts to bring the ball out without the lob 8
Lescott -He did alright, maybe didnt watch out for torres enough in the 2nd goal 5
Arteta 6
Fellaini 6
Cahill 6
Osman 5
Neville 5
Yak 6 - a bit sloppy at times, didnt try just keep the [Poor language removed] ball for the team

[Poor language removed] overall

Howard - 6

Hibbert - 4

Yobo - 5

Jagielka - 6

Lescott - 4 where has our own Lescott gone

Arteta - 5 still off the pace

Fellaini - 6 thought in the first half he played his best football so far

Cahill - 6 unlucky to be dismissed

Osman - 5

Neville - 5 would have been more if he had passed instead of hoofing

Yakubu - 4 did he know its a derby

Howard - 6
Hibbert - 6
Yobo - 6
*Jagielka - 6.5
Lescott - 6
Arteta - 5
Fellaini - 5.5 (not bad considering Riley shackled him with an early card)
Cahill - 5
Osman - 5 (one of his least effective efforts for us)
Neville - 5
Yakubu - 5

all poor - defence did ok, up to a point.. little came through the middle with any possibility of an end-product - when it did The [Poor language removed] were quick to kick.. thanks Riley.

Howard - 0

Hibbert - 0

Yobo - 0

Jagielka - 0

Lescott - 0

Arteta - 0

Fellaini - 0

Cahill - 0

Osman - 0

Neville - 0

Yakubu - 0

lol

If there is a defining match this season, this is it. We were woeful, one dimensional, hoofball mad with a striker who decided today was a good day to play crap. Unless we get our passing game back, where we can dictate the pace of a game we really are gonnal struggle. The first thing that I would do is put 4-5-1 in the dustbin as a primary formation. Anyway,here are my scores;

Howard- Made a couple of decent saves, saved well from Gerrard at the end. Not really at fault for the goals either. 6

Hibbert- Good performance but a very, very limited player. Only knows how to hoof the ball, and still hasn't learnt how to make dangerous crosses. Better positionally than Nev, though had few opportunities to really go forward. 5

Yobo
- I thought he did well, Put himself in danger a few times to make space for a lump upfield. OK for me. 5

Jagielka
- Played with alot of passion, can't recall being caught in possession. 6

Lescott
- One of his worst games this season. We've got Nuno, and baines who can play in that position. Either play him as a centre back, or drop him. 4

Neville
- Made some great tackles and got stuck in when needed, but made some adventurous passes which never came off. Not great, but not a disaster either. 6

Osman
- Worked hard, but did very little for me. 4

Cahill- Not in the match enough for me. If a prime reason for a 4-5-1 is Cahill, we either build a team aound him, or abandon 4-5-1. 5

Fellaini- played neat and tidy football, plays some lovely passes and was unlucky not to score. Used his height and his strength very well I thought. And Moyes played him in his preferred position which was good to see. 7 MOTM

Arteta- Crap to be honest, set pieces are absolutely diabolical. 4
Yakubu- With the dives and everything thought Kevin Campbell had some back. An absolute shocker of a performance. Should be ashamed of himself. 4

Saha- If there is a reason to abandon hoofball and 4-5-1 then its name is Saha. Even though he came on in the second half, he was my second MOTM due to his hard work, trying to make space, and that vicous shot which would have bust the net had it gone in. 6

Now i've seen our team in the flesh rather than on TV, the defence is not the problem Its the total lack of cover afforded them by our lightweight midfield. Our defence had two jobs today.

It was a shame to see tackles in our danger area coming from defenders and not midfielders. And the rs, while not being a better team than us, played simple one two's pass, and run, and stuck men on the wings.

Why can't we do that? We did last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.