Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d need to bring Davide Ancelotti back for set pieces otherwise we’re starting every game 1 nil down

I like Bobby the man but not the manager. With how close we are to the drop zone it’s incredibly risky. Anyone know if he’s noticeably improved with Belgium? Hard to tell with how good of a squad he has to work with…

Is this for real? Are we serious?

Such a bad idea. Why are we looking to shoot ourselves in the foot again.

What we need is an organiser, someone with a degree of competence who's able to set up a team and get points.

Instead, again, elements of the board are looking at past managers who have already failed and probed their not good enough.

Don't want this guy back. He can't set up a defence and it'll be embarrassing.

No other team in the premier League keeps going back to ex managers, yet we shortlist them every time.

I always thought Martinez deserved some more time to sort out the mess we had gotten into - things probably weren't as bad then as the last 4 years have been, but we had gotten used to better times. He's a devisive figure amongst fans so from that point of view not sure now is the time.

That said, if he did come in, he might at least be able to coach some attacking patterns. We have some very fragile players too and I thought they needed a rocket but seemingly, after 4 months of that from Rafael, it does not work either. Perhaps the modern player just needs to be completely indulged and so in that respect Roberto's gentler approach might work. He also has a 'philosophy' and all modern players like that.
Think a lot of the fans who couldn't stand Bobby by the end, like me, have cooled on that - how could we not given the clown show that followed him?

But genuine LOL at appointing this comedian in our present state - praying that this is twitter shenanigans gotten way out of hand. Even his biggest fans can't think this is a good idea.

I always thought Martinez deserved some more time to sort out the mess we had gotten into - things probably weren't as bad then as the last 4 years have been, but we had gotten used to better times. He's a devisive figure amongst fans so from that point of view not sure now is the time.

That said, if he did come in, he might at least be able to coach some attacking patterns. We have some very fragile players too and I thought they needed a rocket but seemingly, after 4 months of that from Rafael, it does not work either. Perhaps the modern player just needs to be completely indulged and so in that respect Roberto's gentler approach might work. He also has a 'philosophy' and all modern players like that.
Completely agree.
His first season was good but overrated with a lot of lucky decisions.
His third was the opposite from what I recall.
Only lost the semi against City on a ghost goal and the same against John Terry whilst still playing exciting football.
He did appear to lose the team a bit but he was vastly superior to anyone since.

We’re a weird club

ECDE8F0F-1A5F-4AB1-88DF-DC4D1D4F44FD.jpeg

Well, seems like he’s going to get the job - at least on a short term basis anyway. If/when he arrives who’s he playing and in which formation? Does he promote kids?

From memory with us he favoured a 4-2-3-1 but with Belgium (and I think maybe Wigan) he loved 3 at the back.

Guess your lineups for his first game.

no it doesn’t ffs. hate this forum at times you know

Status
Not open for further replies.