Marco Silvas end of year review

What are your thoughts on Marco Silva?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Average to below average. Performances have nose dived massively, poor results I accept if you can see a clear plan. But that style has disappeared and now it’s fallen off a cliff edge. We have no identity and no style of play, it’s become a chore to watch us because it’s not enjoyable football

And he looks absolutely baffled when his plan isn’t working

Average for me. Whatever style he is trying to adopt has not got the players to suit. This is why I am willing to give him the January and summer window. After that he will be under the microscope and the improvement will have to be there. Still think we have improved under him in our style but it is a fragile style. Chances are being created and we are quite wasteful. Our ball retention is still not good enough and we are too easily overrun in the middle of the park. He will have his work cut out but deserves his windows.
Some good points. We play like the United side of last year in the sense that we are scrappy with a bit of flair around the park. Difference is, Jose had them playing defense and they were far more clinical. These next two windows will determine my opinion of him.

Below average.

I said it a lot before he was announced that we wouldn't see any clean sheets. Bizzarely, our defenders are better than last season yet we're on course to equal the amount of goals conceded (30 now after 20 games, 59 total last season).

I want to say we've improved going forward, because we surely have better players, and in terms of creating chances we definitely have improved, but the finishing... This isn't just lacking a striker. There has to be something wrong in training when a skillful player like Bernard takes a shot and it goes out for a throw in, or Coleman waiting for the reincarnation of Gandhi to come and bless his foot before shooting.

Seriously Marco, sort out the finishing. Maybe then we can actually outscore teams to win.

Results and league position say barely average, and there are as many worrying signs as positive ones.

I want him to get a proper chance to get it right though.

I was going to give Silva 6 out of 10.But im giving him 5 for throwing that league cup game.He does need time.But so far it's been underwhelming.We better go all out for the FA cup.

I was going to give Silva 6 out of 10.But im giving him 5 for throwing that league cup game.He does need time.But so far it's been underwhelming.We better go all out for the FA cup.
Good point about throwing the leahue cup, I dont get it.
Were not going to win league but we had some sorr of chance.of winning the league cup so why not go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.