2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the way went about that game and made W Ham look poor with a battling and skillful performance. I am not accepting the rubbish that W Ham were rubbish and that is why we won. That is the easy thing to say. Still believe if we had a clinical finisher then we would not be in any trouble at all although the defence has made quite a few mistakes this season.

Pleased for us today.

A great performance from back to front.

However, I shall temper my zest as this was a home game against an extremely poor side who allowed us to play.

Our Achilles heel in terms of our ‘on the road’ performance has yet to be tested.

Siggy should have started.

??? what? Why have you come to that conclusion? We just absolutely bossed that game from start to finish.

The thing is mate, people can go on about formations, zone 14, non-goal scoring strikers who win headers, PASHUN from weak-livered midfielders all they like.

But take it back to its absolute basics.

Best way to win a football match? Pick your most gifted player.

And that is Bernard.
Agreed. Put your best players on the field. It isn’t even as if they don’t fit the formation. Sigurdsson was just being shoehorned into the side.

I think you're being kind to Silva there. He was forced to play Sidibe and Davies today. Would have picked them otherwise? His selections, poor substitutions and set pieces are very obvious places where he's been making his job much more difficult than it needs to be.

Credit on him today for dropping Sigi and DCL. Massive difference.

I agree entirely mate. Lets hope Silva begins to learn from this. Still worries me that he may revert to type. Away form and zonal marking will still be problems going forward. Onwards and upwards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.