2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting it wrong tactically and he needs to change it. I think it's genuinely as simple as dropping Sigurdsson into a midfield three so the game is in front of him rather than him playing with his back to goal. I think Richarlison and Iwobi need to play out wide but basically as strikers. Far, far too often one of them is crossing in to Kean or DCL who is completely isolated. It needs to be Sigurdsson playing a ball from deep, or Digne/Coleman playing crosses into 3 men rather than 1. Change it or get sacked Marco.

Also, I can't be the only one completely sick of seeing us play exactly the same way for about a decade.

Some absolute lunatics on here would turn there nose up at mourinho, a serial winner, no wonder we have become a nothing club, even our fans don't believe in us.

No one is "turning their nose up" at Mourinho. His record speaks for itself

However, the last time he succeeded at a club that wasn't already a big successful club was Porto, which is getting on for two decades ago

We've seen the scorched earth he leaves at clubs when he leaves. The difference is that Chelsea, Real and Man United have had big fat pockets to spend their way out of the hole he leaves them in

There's no guarantee that Mourinho can even succeed here, and even if he did it will take years to get the club back on its feet when he leaves

We simply don't have the budget for it to work (Unless Usmanov is definitely coming in)

If it's a choice between a year or two of success followed by more decades in the wilderness or a prolonged period of success but less short term gratification, then I'll happily take the latter

You don't know that, we have a good 'project' and have money, it's not out of the question, he's had all the clubs above us nearly. A bad fit if you don't like to win things. You have zero and I mean zero clue of what fit he would be, any manager is a risk, for all you know he could see us as Chelsea when he first took over. Foolish just to dismiss out of hand that which you have zero knowledge of.

We're nowhere near what Chelsea were when he took over there in 2004 mate. They had just finished in the Champions League places, had bought a shed load of players the previous summer and had some established world stars. They'd won a number of trophies from 1997 onwards and were becoming established as a big name globally. They also had an unlimited amount of money to spend with no FFP to worry about.

Worlds away from where we currently are.

We're nowhere near what Chelsea were when he took over there in 2004 mate. They had just finished in the Champions League places, had bought a shed load of players the previous summer and had some established world stars. They'd won a number of trophies from 1997 onwards and were becoming established as a big name globally. They also had an unlimited amount of money to spend with no FFP to worry about.

Worlds away from where we currently are.

Yeah people tend to ignore that Chelsea were regularly competing from the mid 90's onward and won a decent amount of cups as well as qualifying for the Champions League

Pushing them on didn't take much, especially as they had all that money

It'd be a much bigger job with us and we don't have the money to give him either

1 point off 5th
3 points off 4th

"sack him"

....the feller lauded a few weeks back on here for record clean sheets and home records.

loel.gif
Context - after 20 matches, that would be be fine.

It's like losing the opening match of the season and saying, "We're only 3 points of the top!"

However, the last time he succeeded at a club that wasn't already a big successful club was Porto, which is getting on for two decades ago

We've seen the scorched earth he leaves at clubs when he leaves. The difference is that Chelsea, Real and Man United have had big fat pockets to spend their way out of the hole he leaves them in

There's no guarantee that Mourinho can even succeed here, and even if he did it will take years to get the club back on its feet when he leaves

We simply don't have the budget for it to work (Unless Usmanov is definitely coming in)

If it's a choice between a year or two of success followed by more decades in the wilderness or a prolonged period of success but less short term gratification, then I'll happily take the latter

Problem is we thought the latter was coming with Brown Shoes, Koeman and Silva and all have been duds.

We have shown its very hard to unearth a Pochettino so if Jose was willing to come I would 110% rip your arm off for 2 years of success and a trophy before worst case him buggering off and it being back to a few years back at 8-11th "rebuilding".

For what its worth I think Brands would go for a complete left field option or someone like Ten Hag.

We panic too easily, players and fans. Then it goes round and round in a circle.

Fans wouldn’t need to panic if the players could be trusted to perform. They can’t though. That’s why fans get nervous when easy fixtures cause problems because they know that these players do not perform away from home and cannot win against top teams away from home. When they start losing to newly promoted sides at home then alarm bells start ringing. It’s up to the manager and players to change that. The fans have been criticised enough recently by managers, fans and the media but we pack out away sections up and down the country and have started giving the players bear pit welcomes for every single home game. How is it the fans fault if the players can’t peform even with all that?

I'm not invested in Silva as much as Martinez. He's nowhere near the attacking coach RM is.

I'm just not having it that a manager who's team lie one point off 5th place needs to be sacked.
Context - after the full round of match-day 6 fixtures, it's four points off 5th...

Problem is we thought the latter was coming with Brown Shoes, Koeman and Silva and all have been duds.

We have shown its very hard to unearth a Pochettino so if Jose was willing to come I would 110% rip your arm off for 2 years of success and a trophy before worst case him buggering off and it being back to a few years back at 8-11th "rebuilding".

For what its worth I think Brands would go for a complete left field option or someone like Ten Hag.

It would take him 3 windows and £300m to get close to a trophy here at least. He’s never been at a club like us in a long time. He is waiting for another top club to walk into and all the hard works already been done.

People are turning their noses up, saying we dont want him is turninv your nose up. Anyway the fact our fans wouldn't like to see one of the elite managers in football at the helm baffles me, sorry, we should be doing everything to attract a name now, we've tried flavour of the month. I do have my concerns about mourinhi but sod it lets have a go, at some point we havevto start being taken seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.