2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter David Moyes.
There is something to be said for him coming in, installing discipline, organizing the defense, building a team ethic again (when is the last time we have had that) and then, if he cannot get the team to that next level, move him on (or make him the head scout) and get someone who can add the finishing touches to the strong foundations. Kind of like Bobby, except someone who doesn’t allow the team to dissolve after one good season!

I've always backed Silva but you make a fair point about what do they do in training all week. Personally I think that there are a few players here who see our club as an easy payday and that we should be glad to have them. They don't have to work hard because they know that when the gravy train ends here, there will always be another club willing to pay them a fortune (a lot more than minimum wage anyway) even in the lower leagues.

Having said all that I have no idea how we put it right, it feels like whoever the manager is we will always be like this. Having said that, there was a post earlier that said the best way to improve team performances would be to drop Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin............that would be an excellent start.
Up to this point there was bits of every single performance this season where I thought something was done well.

Nothing is salvagable from that. A collection of max 4/10 performances. And a 0 from the manager who either from arrogance or negligence didnt supply a plan for the players to execute.

Evertonians are living in dream land if they think he is the manager to give them their dream!!! He should never been appointed in the first place. It is embarrassing being an Evertonian now and for a along time. Hopefully him and you fans will prove me wrong (HOPE I LIVE THAT LONG).

Still trying to work out how he got the job. Done nothing in The Premiership or in a cup. Even Martinez won some thing... he’ll play the same formation against the Wednesdays but change out Kean for DCL and put in Iwobi for Bernard. The man’s clueless...

Think he's likely to be given until the end of the season and then we'll part ways, sacking him during would only cause more problems (unless we're in a dogfight down the bottom and just need a bounce).

We've all seen enough though, he is absolutely not good enough.

Penny for Brands' thoughts. Stick or twist?

I imagine Moshiri will want to do absolutely nothing for fear of making things worse.

We have brought in a lot of players over the last year, we certainly still have many gaps to fill but they cannot all be the wrong players.

If they are, Brands is as culpable as Silva.

If you look at it that way, on the assumption Brands is going to defend his own transfer policy, then things will play out in the inevitable way eventually.

We can do the sacking bit, it's the choosing carefully and well part we can't figure out at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.