• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't as if Marco Silva took over a team/squad that were top six contenders last season. We were relegation candidates for a number of months and the Sam Allyrdyce appointment was proof of that.
We finished eight but we all know last season was even worse than this one.

Marco Silva has just about done as much as could be expected with what he has at his disposal and the bright spark is that the Brands/Silva signings have generally done very well.
The manager needs at least one more active summer transfer window to put his own stamp on the team and before we can really judge him as a manager.

I was not in favour of his appointment but he has done well enough to be at least given a chance for another season to prove he can move the team forward.
Some are not convinced that we were that bad. I am serious. Many don't believe there is luck and that more frequent events that lead to goals and ultimately results don't mean anything. The points aren't really a stat, that they are the holy and pure edict on the team's value and all should be judged against it.

It isn't as if Marco Silva took over a team/squad that were top six contenders last season. We were relegation candidates for a number of months and the Sam Allyrdyce appointment was proof of that.

Marco Silva has just about done as much as could be expected with what he has at his disposal and the bright spark is that the Brands/Silva signings have generally done very well.
The manager needs at least one more active summer transfer window to put his own stamp on the team and before we can really judge him as a manager.

I was not in favour of his appointment but he has done well enough to be at least given a chance for another season to prove he can move the team forward.
The Power of Silva

We’ve got United and Spurs, with a tough game at Palace away. Ain’t happening. It ended yesterday.
Palace are poor at home, though; they've only beaten Leicester, Burnley, Huddersfield & Fulham at Selhurst Park in the league all season. Been much better away.

Although I’m pretty much in the “seen enough of this manager” camp, I can see the fairness in this. However, it’s the “what he has at his disposal” bit is what’s the most worrying. Just how has a club with our financial budget ended up with a squad of such averageness? Incompetence on a grand scale.

I’ve been middle fingered on here for suggesting giving EH a go. However, on a budget a fraction of ours, he’s managed to assemble an attacking force of Callum Wilson, Josh King, Ryan Fraser and David Brooks. No doubt there are some who think we have better than these boys? I don’t. Can Marco be blamed for that? Probably not tbf.

What this tells me though, is that there are players out there, and without spending zillions. Who the hell is in charge of our scouting system?

Just stop. Sam was awful. The team was MUCH worse last year. Silva has been fine. Far from perfect. The players aren't that good. Simple as that. Brands did a good job in the summer, but he has to continue to overhaul the roster.

No mate.

Apparently the correct way to do things is give the manager six months, with a mishmash of players from the three previous managers before him, then sack him because half a dozen spanners on the internet drone on day after day about how they never wanted him in the first place.

Rinse and repeat.

The feller's doing fine.

Apart from the West Ham game at home and the Fulham game just gone there's nothing whatsoever to alarm me about Silva's ability.

Consistently we look to play the right way. We have an identity again. He's shown with 2 wins and 2 draws against top 6 teams that he can strategise and make the most out of the resources handed to him. I think we all know that if we had a striker worthy of the name then we'd be a lot of points better off than where we are.

It's a very bright future ahead if the DoF can get the targets Silva needs this summer to push us on. And this summer, finally, and not before time, we'll see the old guard gone. That will be a major change for the better. We look forward and not backward.

It's all good from my vantage point.

Although I’m pretty much in the “seen enough of this manager” camp, I can see the fairness in this. However, it’s the “what he has at his disposal” bit is what’s the most worrying. Just how has a club with our financial budget ended up with a squad of such averageness? Incompetence on a grand scale.

I’ve been middle fingered on here for suggesting giving EH a go. However, on a budget a fraction of ours, he’s managed to assemble an attacking force of Callum Wilson, Josh King, Ryan Fraser and David Brooks. No doubt there are some who think we have better than these boys? I don’t. Can Marco be blamed for that? Probably not tbf.

What this tells me though, is that there are players out there, and without spending zillions. Who the hell is in charge of our scouting system?

Is that the same attacking force who before this weekend were 8 points below us and had scored less goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.