• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, in that case, its none then, cos loads of teams have beat Arsenal and Chelsea at home.

By that logic we havent had a good or bad result all season, cos all teams have lost home and away.

Thanks.

I`d love to apply `logic` to half your posts but there simply isn`t any... Seems to me you want everyone to agree with your view on everything, sorry life isn`t like that!!!

I`d love to apply `logic` to half your posts but there simply isn`t any... Seems to me you want everyone to agree with your view on everything, sorry life isn`t like that!!!

What a very strange comment.

Its a forum, people express their views, if everybody agreed with me this would be the most boring forum on the entire internet. I WANT people to disagree with me, I WELCOME the chance to explain how they are wrong. Of course I back my views and I always think im 100% right, whats the point in having a viewpoint if dont believe it?

I believe that beating Arsenal and Chelsea at home and getting a very good away result at West Ham are 3 very good results. I think any away win in this League is a great result and I consider beating top 6 clubs at home a very good result.

If you dont share that view, thats cool, I mean I THINK you are wrong, but dont worry about it, im sure I was wrong, once, maybe.

What a very strange comment.

Its a forum, people express their views, if everybody agreed with me this would be the most boring forum on the entire internet. I WANT people to disagree with me, I WELCOME the chance to explain how they are wrong. Of course I back my views and I always think im 100% right, whats the point in having a viewpoint if dont believe it?

I believe that beating Arsenal and Chelsea at home and getting a very good away result at West Ham are 3 very good results. I think any away win in this League is a great result and I consider beating top 6 clubs at home a very good result.

If you dont share that view, thats cool, I mean I THINK you are wrong, but dont worry about it, im sure I was wrong, once, maybe.

I think we will both agree with Everton ATM we have gone from having good performances against Chelsea and Arsenal (How we didnt score more against Arsenal Ill never know), geting the win at West Ham although West Ham didnt play well at all. To then serving up what we saw on Saturday with one shot on target in 90 minutes against a side who had lost 9 of their last 9 games, conceding 23 and scoring 5. Everton come along, 2-0 thank you very much.....

Was all for sacking Silva, but he has shown us all something in that he has changed his approach. We just don`t have the consistency, I think the board will stick but I`m not so sure that is the correct decision. While he is here I think we are forever destined to have inconsistent form, no matter what personnel.

I think we will both agree with Everton ATM we have gone from having good performances against Chelsea and Arsenal (How we didnt score more against Arsenal Ill never know), geting the win at West Ham although West Ham didnt play well at all. To then serving up what we saw on Saturday with one shot on target in 90 minutes against a side who had lost 9 of their last 9 games, conceding 23 and scoring 5. Everton come along, 2-0 thank you very much.....

Was all for sacking Silva, but he has shown us all something in that he has changed his approach. We just don`t have the consistency, I think the board will stick but I`m not so sure that is the correct decision. While he is here I think we are forever destined to have inconsistent form, no matter what personnel.

Well for me those 3 games were our best results of the season, I guess that shows just how bad the season has been overall. Still not convinced by Silva, I never have been, but im more than willing to give him time. For me time is something we have, im not as impatient as others. I realise that to break that top 6 will take time, but for now we need to nail down 7th, which again isnt easy.

Most teams in the league are spending money, every team in the league is getting 100m plus from Sky every year, we arent the only club spending money.

But its not even about money, its about spending money well, something we havent been doing, hence us not really improving that much.

Brands is here now, so at the very least im expecting us not to waste 100s of millions every year, but hes not a magician, its still gonna take plenty of time, is Silva the right man? I dont know, probably not, but hes here now, so lets see what happens next season.

I don’t rate him at all and think he’s the definition of a wet blanket but we’re not getting top 6 for many many years if ever regardless of manager... so I don’t really care whether he gets sacked or not because we’ll just end up with another non elite level manager who at best can get us 7th. Meh

Last edited:
I don’t rate him at all and think he’s the definition of a wet blanket but we’re not getting top 6 for many many years if ever regardless of manager... so I don’t really care whether he gets sacked or not because we’ll just end up with another non elite level manager who at best can get us 7th. Meh

This unfortunately

I like the guy , but unfortunately he doesn't inspire confidence.
He has sadly under performed this season with this group of players.
Can't see Moshiri putting up with this , as we should have easily been seventh.
Guess he has been briefed that it is unacceptable , but that he will be given until December with Brands new additions to show that he is up to the job.
Don't agree myself , as we will then be back in the game of who is unemployed , that we can get in.
He has under performed.

I like the guy , but unfortunately he doesn't inspire confidence.
He has sadly under performed this season with this group of players.
Can't see Moshiri putting up with this , as we should have easily been seventh.
Guess he has been briefed that it is unacceptable , but that he will be given until December with Brands new additions to show that he is up to the job.
Don't agree myself , as we will then be back in the game of who is unemployed , that we can get in.
He has under performed.
I look at the Wolves and Bournemouth games early in the year. We need to turn those games into wins in the near future. It’s so like Everton to bottle those. I can still forgive him for those as it was very early in the season. Moving on

I like him as a person a lot. Seems a funny and likeable guy. It makes sense that players speak highly of him and I think he has brought in the right guys as well. The question is, why has he struggled so mightily when behind? Can he not inject some passion at half time? Make the appropriate changes to bring us back into it?

The biggest problem lies with what happened post Anfield. We looked down and out for months. We were lucky to escape Watford with a draw as they absolutely pummeled us (Digne saved us if I recall). We were clowned by Leicester and Wolves. Most were concerned with where the points were going to come from as we had some very tough fixtures coming up. It was akin to the classic Koeman lull in his 1st season that kept us from challenging the top 4.

Big wins again Arsenal and Chelsea. We are in the drivers seat as Wolves are getting smacked. And just when the pressure is on, we bottle it against Fulham in classic Everton fashion. I’m just not convinced. I want Silva to be the guy. I like the players he brings in. But I’m growing tired of the same old. Hard to be optimistic and an Everton fan at this point.

I was really hoping the recent matches meant Silva had turned the corner after the disastrous mid season. The problem wasnt just losing to a bad team. The problem was getting thoroughly dominated by a team that had gone 1-12 in its past 13 matches. How can you ever trust this guy to get you where you want to be if his teams collapse so badly against so bad of a team at a key point in the season? You know that he will get you some good wins next season, but again you wont go anywhere due to incredible collapses.

Its possible for good teams to lose to the likes of Fulham. But good teams lose by a deflection, some bad luck, and shots that strike the crossbar on an unlucky day, not when they just get bossed by a horrible team.

Status
Not open for further replies.