• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Refuse-to-support-the-manager.

They're defeated now. Utterly vanquished.

Despite a recent upturn in form , the season has been a massive disappointment overall.
Silva has to take a big portion of the blame for that. He has performed poorly overall mate - 7th should have been easily achieved..
I hope that he continues his performance of late. However the jury is most definitely out on him.
If we are aiming to crack the top 6 , is he one of the top 6 coaches in the league ?
As it stands , I would say not.

Like him better than Roberto, Dave?
He's a different manager type. RM was devoted to playing football no matter what; Silva's record elsewhere in his career shows he's prioritised a defensive base for the fotball he wants to play and everyone putting in a high energy shift.

You'll get more hoof from Silva. He's somewhere in between Martinez's style and Moyes' style...which is what a lot of people were wishing for.

Despite a recent upturn in form , the season has been a massive disappointment overall.
Silva has to take a big portion of the blame for that. He has performed poorly overall mate - 7th should have been easily achieved..
I hope that he continues his performance of late. However the jury is most definitely out on him.
If we are aiming to crack the top 6 , is he one of the top 6 coaches in the league ?
As it stands , I would say not.
He's had a hell of a lot to do here picking up the peices of the Koeman disaster. To get us to 7th and totally transform the style of play and the personnel in one season is a huge achievemnt if he gets us that final placing.

I'd say it ranks him right up there as a manager of note in this league.

The football on show is pleasing, that's huge for me as a fan, I hate percentage football, I'd rather get beat trying(within reason) than get bored to death every game. If it continues how it is, we can have blips but not 3 months, then I'm happy. We look a good side when we are on it.

He's a different manager type. RM was devoted to playing football no matter what; Silva's record elsewhere in his career shows he's prioritised a defensive base for the fotball he wants to play and everyone putting in a high energy shift.

You'll get more hoof from Silva. He's somewhere in between Martinez's style and Moyes' style...which is what a lot of people were wishing for.

He also values and works on set pieces, which Martinez openly said he didn’t.

Considering how bad we were, between December and February. To turn things round shows he knows what he's doing. He has also been willing to change they way the team plays to get the result. Managers like Big Sam play the same way no matter what.

He also values and works on set pieces, which Martinez openly said he didn’t.
What he actually said: “Dead-ball situations are a big part of the game, don’t get me wrong. But you are a winning team when you don’t rely on set-pieces"

...as opposed to the convenient interpretations used by lazy hacks and supporters who just want to trade in BS and insults.

There's much more chance of this manager getting poached by other clubs than him getting sacked by Everton.

Some people have mistaken his calm on the touchline for weakness. But he's as tough as teak this feller. He has, for someone his age, a lot of experience in different environments. And I think he's entering the best part of his career now. We'll benefit from that, as long as we keep hold of him - obviously.

What he actually said: “Dead-ball situations are a big part of the game, don’t get me wrong. But you are a winning team when you don’t rely on set-pieces"

...as opposed to the convenient interpretations used by lazy hacks and supporters who just want to trade in BS and insults.

''Another difference between the managers is their approach to set-pieces. With Moyes, we could spend an hour and a half on Fridays going through routines because he was so meticulous in that aspect. If I was a manager, I'd probably do the same because fine lines can determine games. He hated losing goals at set-pieces because it was something he could influence."

"Martinez doesn't really do that. It's rare for us to work on set-pieces. You're given your roles, you're supposed to understand them and if you don't, find out, think for yourself. That was a big changeover for us."

"We questioned why we weren't working on set-pieces and Graeme Jones, the assistant manager, said: "How many do you have to defend in a game? Three? So why would we spend two hours standing around to defend three set-pieces when we could work on moving the ball."

''Another difference between the managers is their approach to set-pieces. With Moyes, we could spend an hour and a half on Fridays going through routines because he was so meticulous in that aspect. If I was a manager, I'd probably do the same because fine lines can determine games. He hated losing goals at set-pieces because it was something he could influence."

"Martinez doesn't really do that. It's rare for us to work on set-pieces. You're given your roles, you're supposed to understand them and if you don't, find out, think for yourself. That was a big changeover for us."

"We questioned why we weren't working on set-pieces and Graeme Jones, the assistant manager, said: "How many do you have to defend in a game? Three? So why would we spend two hours standing around to defend three set-pieces when we could work on moving the ball."

I’ve got to say I’m admiring you’re work this morning Dave.

That last post should draw them out ;)

Leon Osman, the voice of truth and reason. No wonder you left his name out. A clueless Moyes-drone defending his master.

In any case it doesn't contradict what I stated in relation to someone else claiming RM 'didn't value set pieces'. He prioritized open play.

Status
Not open for further replies.