• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was far more than counter today mate.
The high press was superb West Ham didnt know how to haddle it.
Overlapping full backs , set pieces...it was all good today.

That is how counter should be play, with high intensity and high press. The whole game plan falls apart if the players are not discipline enough to press as a team.

People have short memories about how diabolical some of our performances have been this season. We failed at home to beat West Ham, Watford, (home and away) Newcastle, (home and away), Wolves, (home and away), and even Huddersfield. We even conceded 6 at home in a league game.

But today we were very good, ok the opposition was crap, but we played well regardless. But I think we need to not get carried away, let’s be honest our last game Chelsea should’ve been 2/3 up at half time. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he will win a trophy with us.

Nobody is forgetting but people like myself are finally seeing some improvement.

But for that stupid Newcastle collapse, we could have had 5 clean sheets in a row, winning 4 and drawing 1 from games including Chelsea, Liverpool and one of our supposed challengers for 7th place.

Its not all rosy but the gradual improvement since the Feb break is there for all to see.

That is how counter should be play, with high intensity and high press. The whole game plan falls apart if the players are not discipline enough to press as a team.
Moot point is counter is what Brenda's Liverpool played....sit back and wait for a mistake as the opponents pushed forward then hit them on the break.
High press is harassing opponents in and around their own penalty box.
We were a lot more than both of those systems today.

As pleasing as the results have been in the last 2 games, this should be the norm rather then the exception with the squad he has at hits disposal. Need to maintain this firm and standard, for the remainder of the season.

What does it even mean ijjj?

Is it good?

Think my probation officer said it once

I'll try and explain it slowly Frank, I'm not the best at trying to explain things off the top of my head, but here goes...….

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values. This discomfort is triggered by a situation in which a person’s belief clashes with new evidence perceived by the person. When confronted with facts that contradict beliefs, ideals, and values, people will find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.

People have short memories about how diabolical some of our performances have been this season. We failed at home to beat West Ham, Watford, (home and away) Newcastle, (home and away), Wolves, (home and away), and even Huddersfield. We even conceded 6 at home in a league game.

But today we were very good, ok the opposition was crap, but we played well regardless. But I think we need to not get carried away, let’s be honest our last game Chelsea should’ve been 2/3 up at half time. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he will win a trophy with us.

There are bound to be poor performances, average performances, and some great performances like today...this team is still developing, but the signs are there that with three or so good signings in the summer, we might be consistently good next season.

I'll try and explain it slowly Frank, I'm not the best at trying to explain things off the top of my head, but here goes...….

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values. This discomfort is triggered by a situation in which a person’s belief clashes with new evidence perceived by the person. When confronted with facts that contradict beliefs, ideals, and values, people will find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.
Mate?? I don't even know if you should put the soy sauce in me pot noodle me

Status
Not open for further replies.