• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd had enough after Newcastle but credit where it's due he's showing a few things that are impressive.

1 - Learning from his mistakes, Newcastle game was a killer but today showed a clear lesson learnt from him. Didn't change things to see the game out, kept us with the same intent throughout the game and got his sub's much better. This alone is more personal growth than we ever saw under martinez.

2 - Improvement in training, it's no coincidence after going 1 win in 6 games then having that 3 week break since then we've been a better side, football's improved, better shape (largely) and players seem to understand there roles better. Even the Newcastle game that 1st half was brilliant till we threw it all away in the 2nd.

3 - Sort of connected to above but he's clearly motivating the players after the break. Everything's just improved and given he's got a track record of starting well and tailing off it's nice to see the side has bounced back this past month after a terrible winter run of games.

Still a long way to go but it's nice to see he's not showing the same trait's that cost Martinez.

The most pleasing aspect of this is that the manager and the team learned.

West Ham utterly physically dominated us and bullied us at home.

Today we countered with quick ball, didnt bring it into contact and broke with pace.

We used their grocks against them.

All down to the manager.

Recently things have improved markedly in defense, impressive clean sheet return recently, again the manager.

Personally I think we have a limited team, with maybe 5-6 good players and maybe the same again who could grow into that. Historically we have had poor psychological resilience. The team needs a lot of work still, many faces don’t fit and it’s still a rag tag bunch made up with the odds and ends of different managers and their contrasting ideas.

But results and performances of late are encouraging, I don’t rate this team highly and as such solidifying and getting decent performances competitive performances out of the team is the sign of a very competent talented manager.

It’s a tough job.

Typical,
good result 100% manager.
Bad result 100% players.

Everton manager Marco Silva, speaking to for BBC MOTD:

"I was very proud of our performance and seeing our desire from the first minutes. It's always difficult to play here, but since the very first minute we were the best team on the pitch.

"We were playing good football and creating chances. Our second goal was a really good moment. We can score more, of course. We controlled the second half. It was a fair result, a very good performance and an important three points."

"I am really proud with what we did from the first minute. I’m pleased about our players and our fans. We played like we can play away from home. We showed our desire and how to achieve the win by creating chances early on".

"Two nil at half time as a good result for them because it could have been five or six nil. We created chance after chance.

"We are getting stronger as a team and getting solid but I want more and more and more. You can see our quality. I have big confidence in our players and with what we are doing."

If he keeps up the form to the end of season. I'd be ok with giving him another one. He seemed to have done something about the set piece record which didn't looked possible giving previous clubs. I genuinely thought he'd be incapable of it and the jury is still out but he's bought some time for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.