• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sussed Schneiderlin our pretty quickly, he’s only come back in now when he’s ready to perform. I’m hoping that the penny has dropped with Walcott too. I think he’s given Gueye a rocket as well because he seems to be a completely different player since the PSG interest (which suggests he’s playing for a move and could have been capable of this level before if he’d applied himself). He also seems to have lost patience with Tosun.

I think because results have been poor that people underestimate the work Silva has odolnet his season. It will pay off next season I believe. He effectively retired the entirety of Everton’s first team last season based around Williams Martina Jagielka Baines Schneiderlin Rooney Tosun. He’s even shown he’s willing to drop Coleman as soon as his level dropped.

In its place we now have Mina Digne Gomes Richarlison Calvert Lewin Bernard.

How anyone can say this isn’t a step forward is beyond me. There’s been some bumps in the road but he’s not shirked the big decisions that people are now taking for granted. Another manager could have easily retained that core above, indulged Rooney, sidelined the young players, kept old pros in the back 4. Silva didn’t have to make these changes, would have been easier for him not to, the likes of Rooney Jags Baines Tosun were huge names at the club with big standing.

He’s had to rip apart a rotten core and start again. I want him to carry on sweeping the dross out and bringing players like Digne Richarlison and Bernard in. He’s shown he’s ruthless enough. Next out the first team door has to be Keane Coleman (with regret) Siggurdson and Walcott.

Interesting and very positive post which i fully agree with.

It appears as though he is quite strict behind closed doors when players dont perform.

I think its looking more and more that aside from Mina, Digne, Bernard, Richarlison and DCL everyone is fighting for a place.

I can forsee some big changes in the summer as we gradually move towards the team he wants and i think were 2 summers away from that.

Last two acceptable seasons we've had in terms of place in table and performance have been when we hit 60+ goals: 2013/14 and 2015/16. When you hit that sort of tally things start taking care of themselves.

It's difficult for us to compete at defence with "top" clubs, and that's where they usually have it over the rest of the league. The number of very good defenders is smaller than the pool of very good forwards. We'll get decent recruits in that area if we're lucky. Look at our goals conceded stats for the last few seasons: on average for the last five seasons we've conceded roughly 50 goals. Very good defenders can accept instruction about systems and zonal set ups asked by the manager to carry out for them, and it leads to a lot of clean sheets.

We have to accept the likelihood that we cant bring in that quality of defender and get a balanced attack in order to alleviate the pressure on our defence by asking them to keep a lot of clean sheets.

Well thats the model which Klopp used last season of course.

I think it looks as though we will be going 433 or a variation of it. For the wide attacking positions Richarlison, Lookman, Bernard and Onyekuru appear to be the players we go with next season.

There will definitely be a CF signed with DCL as a rotation option.

So i think only 1 attacking player to come in at centre forward.

You then look at the midfield trio of Gana (cant pass) Gomes (no consistency) and Sigurdsson (scores but mostly anonymous) and it looks totally unbalanced with the opposition regularly cutting us apart simply by walzing through the centre.

Defensively we have half a back 4 which consists of Digne and Mina. Then of course Pickford in goal who will be 1st choice next season.

So aside from the CF i cant see any attackers coming in.

Midfield needs a total revamp.

Then half a defence.

Digne couldn’t get a sniff but is now first choice.

Mate, they have Jordi Alba and we have an OAP Leighton Baines.

He’s always been this good.

Then why was he sat in Barca’s reserves with a long face. Are you saying you knew all about home before Brands brought him in, and that he was enjoying his football?

Then why was he sat in Barca’s reserves with a long face. Are you saying you knew all about home before Brands brought him in, and that he was enjoying his football?

Yes mate I had heard of Lucas Digne before we signed him as had most people. He also wasn’t sat in the reserves he was on the bench behind one of the world’s very best. Think it’s too early for you to try and get your head round this.

Yes mate I had heard of Lucas Digne before we signed him as had most people. He also wasn’t sat in the reserves he was on the bench behind one of the world’s very best. Think it’s too early for you to try and get your head round this.
Apologies....I bow to your superior football knowledge, or at least your ability to do an internet search.
Being first choice in the EPL versus Sitting on anyone’s bench, Barca included, is a significant improvement for somebody who wants to be playing regular football.

Approaching 50-50 already. A win at West Ham could tip the balance the other way. Come on Marco. We are all behind you.
If he can’t beat a woefully bad West Ham side, what it will say to me is he cannot motivate the squad. Having one good result followed by three bad isn’t good enough.

He’s had two big results to stop the rot, when people thought a corner had been turned, in Burnley away and Liverpool at home, followed up with some rubbish performances.

Consistency is key. Let’s see if he can keep some sort of acceptable form for the next 7 games. We should be trying to achieve around 12 - 14 points.

If he can’t beat a woefully bad West Ham side, what it will say to me is he cannot motivate the squad. Having one good result followed by three bad isn’t good enough.

He’s had two big results to stop the rot, when people thought a corner had been turned, in Burnley away and Liverpool at home, followed up with some rubbish performances.

Consistency is key. Let’s see if he can keep some sort of acceptable form for the next 7 games. We should be trying to achieve around 12 - 14 points.

That’s the test.

I’m having a lovely time off the back of the Chelsea win this week but if it’s not followed up upon (again) it will be hugely disappointing. Again.

Starting to wonder about the psyche of the players now, Spurs apart we seem to have acquitted ourselves fairly well against the big boys(if results haven't followed) and been really up and down against the rest. So the players themselves aren't motivated to the same degree, understandable in a way but by no means acceptable. Unless we change this mindset and put in the same levels of performance against all teams, we'll never go anywhere.

Anyway, not sure one win all season against teams in the top 9 is enough for me to want him to stay, I've been to disappointed and disheartened for a win against Chelsea to change that. If we can finish strong playing like we did in the second half against Chelsea then I may have more faith for next season.

Lucas Deign. - Digne, has he improved or was he already quality
Andre Gomes. - Improved? Not even reached his pre Barca form yet
Michael Keane. - Improved on last year yes, has he reached his Burnley form yet?
Morgan Schneiderlin. - LOL
Dominic Calvert-Lewin. - Agreed,coming on well
Bernard. - Improved or is he playing at his Shaktar level?
Tom Davies. - Better than last year, Silva managing him well, i'll give him that

Apologies....I bow to your superior football knowledge, or at least your ability to do an internet search.
Being first choice in the EPL versus Sitting on anyone’s bench, Barca included, is a significant improvement for somebody who wants to be playing regular football.

How does that in any way suggest he’s improved this year?

Much improved since the break in early February.

3 clean sheets in 4 games despite playing 2 of the Top 6 teams

Only outlier was the Newcastle away game. Felt a bit of a mad one and a fair bit of that is on the GK's performance.

Things are looking much better though I think 7th and potential European qualification might be a stretch. Arsenal, United and Spurs in the last 7 games make it feel difficult to see us getting maybe the 14-16 points we may require for 7th.

Need a good run though between now and the end of the season. I think something like 52 points would be decent. Improvement over last season's points tally. A season of embedding a style of play. A season of figuring out who in the bloated squad is worth keeping or not.

We need to be in a position were getting +60 points doesn't feel like a massive leap. We've only got over 60 points once in the last 5 seasons (including 2018/19) so while it feels like a modest goal, it isn't something we've done with any regularity in recent seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.