• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Season has been a massive failure under silva. 45mins against Chelsea isn’t changing that. They should have been out of sight at half time.

If he doesn’t get 7th he should be fired.

Spot on.

We are 31 matches in and still haven't managed to perform well for a full game all season. We could have easily have been 3 or 4 down in the first half against Chelsea and we would have undoubtedly capitulated had that have happened and suffered yet another embarrassment. There have been snippets and half's here and there of us playing well at points of the season but it isn't anywhere near good enough. No consistency whatsoever.

A decent half which resulted in a win against a below par Chelsea is great and gave us all some long overdue satisfaction and excitement but we cannot get complacent and forget just how poor this season has truly been. There are still 7 games remaining and we have to win 3 of them just to get the same points tally as last season under the poor leadership of Koeman, Rhino and Allardyce. After what we have seen this season, we could be poor again in the next game. It is impossible to know which Everton will turn up.

For me, he is going to have to win practically all of the remaining games and show some consistency and forward progress for me to even consider the thought of him deserving another season.

I hope he does it but we will have to see. In the meantime, once bitten twice shy.

Just by having a consistent GK we'd be 10-15 points better off this season. Silva was also denied a striker all season (Richarlison might be able to play there in a pinch, but he was always bought for wide left).

There's something to this manager. He's shown it in games against very good teams. We were the better team over the two fixtures against Chelsea. Arsenal game we played very well. The first half down there we created a lot of chances and then fell away second half (I fancy us to get a result against them in the return fixture). Liverpool - the two derbies were evenly matched and we probably deserved a draw in both. United we were always in that game and if the likes of Bernard, Gomez and Sigurdsson had taken their chances we'd have won. Against City we were in both games and created chances. Spurs - the two games against them were appalling and we deserved nothing. But that was the only one we struggled badly in.

I think that tells a story: Spurs apart, Silva's Everton team can play well when we dont have to generate the intensity and we can drop back and nullify and then get going. Against other teams we dont have the attacking prowess down the right flank to match the left flank's, and we dont have a striker who can lead the line and snap up unlikely goals.

Give Silva that addition to the attack and we'll do a whole lot better next season.
I agree with nearly all of what you say there apart from the first line.
Pickford, as all young players do, has had a couple of hiccups this season but we saw against Chelsea just how good he is.
Experience will help him reduce his mistakes even further and we can all point at mistakes made by every single keeper in a season...no matter how good they are.

I agree with nearly all of what you say there apart from the first line.
Pickford, as all young players do, has had a couple of hiccups this season but we saw against Chelsea just how good he is.
Experience will help him reduce his mistakes even further and we can all point at mistakes made by every single keeper in a season...no matter how good they are.
If supporters stop indulging / babying him and demand consistency maybe he can become the GK you feel he's capable of being.

No I agree with that (although I genuinely don’t think the season has been that bad personally).

What I’m talking about is people say yeah transition is fine without really thinking about what that means. I said before the season started that I don’t like the idea of saying ‘give them a transitional season’ because this is exactly what they’re like. If you said you’d give him a transitional season you can’t say he’s not doing well enough because we’re 4 points off or whatever off where you think we should be. If you think we’re 10 points off where we should be then you weren’t really accepting a transitional season to begin with because that would be a massive improvement.

I remember a lot of posters (me included) said this was a transition season before it kicked off.

I myself got a bit excites before the first derby but went back to that mindset afterwards.

Dont see many posts on transition acceptance anymore which is peculiar.

I think Silva certainly wants a commanding box to box midfielder a striker with real pace in particular and I think they may be his priority signings. A couple of players in key positions could make a big difference to most teams.

Ryan Mason today quoted as saying we need a new spine. Cant argue with that.

We fixed the left side last summer. Now we fix the centre hopefully.

Just by having a consistent GK we'd be 10-15 points better off this season. Silva was also denied a striker all season (Richarlison might be able to play there in a pinch, but he was always bought for wide left).

There's something to this manager. He's shown it in games against very good teams. We were the better team over the two fixtures against Chelsea. Arsenal game we played very well. The first half down there we created a lot of chances and then fell away second half (I fancy us to get a result against them in the return fixture). Liverpool - the two derbies were evenly matched and we probably deserved a draw in both. United we were always in that game and if the likes of Bernard, Gomez and Sigurdsson had taken their chances we'd have won. Against City we were in both games and created chances. Spurs - the two games against them were appalling and we deserved nothing. But that was the only one we struggled badly in.

I think that tells a story: Spurs apart, Silva's Everton team can play well when we dont have to generate the intensity and we can drop back and nullify and then get going. Against other teams we dont have the attacking prowess down the right flank to match the left flank's, and we dont have a striker who can lead the line and snap up unlikely goals.

Give Silva that addition to the attack and we'll do a whole lot better next season.

The attack is crucial but i feel the key is the midfield and defence.

When were playing on the counter we need the defence to hold firm and the midfield to be balanced.

Id say we need to sign Minas partner + several midfielders and a centre forward.

Silva is gradually building and you can tell hes sussing players out.

I remember a lot of posters (me included) said this was a transition season before it kicked off.

I myself got a bit excites before the first derby but went back to that mindset afterwards.

Dont see many posts on transition acceptance anymore which is peculiar.

Ryan Mason today quoted as saying we need a new spine. Cant argue with that.

We fixed the left side last summer. Now we fix the centre hopefully.

When were playing on the counter we need the defence to hold firm and the midfield to be balanced.

Id say we need to sign Minas partner + several midfielders and a centre forward.

He sussed Schneiderlin our pretty quickly, he’s only come back in now when he’s ready to perform. I’m hoping that the penny has dropped with Walcott too. I think he’s given Gueye a rocket as well because he seems to be a completely different player since the PSG interest (which suggests he’s playing for a move and could have been capable of this level before if he’d applied himself). He also seems to have lost patience with Tosun.

I think because results have been poor that people underestimate the work Silva has odolnet his season. It will pay off next season I believe. He effectively retired the entirety of Everton’s first team last season based around Williams Martina Jagielka Baines Schneiderlin Rooney Tosun. He’s even shown he’s willing to drop Coleman as soon as his level dropped.

In its place we now have Mina Digne Gomes Richarlison Calvert Lewin Bernard.

How anyone can say this isn’t a step forward is beyond me. There’s been some bumps in the road but he’s not shirked the big decisions that people are now taking for granted. Another manager could have easily retained that core above, indulged Rooney, sidelined the young players, kept old pros in the back 4. Silva didn’t have to make these changes, would have been easier for him not to, the likes of Rooney Jags Baines Tosun were huge names at the club with big standing.

He’s had to rip apart a rotten core and start again. I want him to carry on sweeping the dross out and bringing players like Digne Richarlison and Bernard in. He’s shown he’s ruthless enough. Next out the first team door has to be Keane Coleman (with regret) Siggurdson and Walcott.

He sussed Schneiderlin our pretty quickly, he’s only come back in now when he’s ready to perform. I’m hoping that the penny has dropped with Walcott too. I think he’s given Gueye a rocket as well because he seems to be a completely different player since the PSG interest (which suggests he’s playing for a move and could have been capable of this level before if he’d applied himself). He also seems to have lost patience with Tosun.

I think because results have been poor that people underestimate the work Silva has odolnet his season. It will pay off next season I believe. He effectively retired the entirety of Everton’s first team last season based around Williams Martina Jagielka Baines Schneiderlin Rooney Tosun. He’s even shown he’s willing to drop Coleman as soon as his level dropped.

In its place we now have Mina Digne Gomes Richarlison Calvert Lewin Bernard.

How anyone can say this isn’t a step forward is beyond me. There’s been some bumps in the road but he’s not shirked the big decisions that people are now taking for granted. Another manager could have easily retained that core above, indulged Rooney, sidelined the young players, kept old pros in the back 4. Silva didn’t have to make these changes, would have been easier for him not to, the likes of Rooney Jags Baines Tosun were huge names at the club with big standing.

He’s had to rip apart a rotten core and start again. I want him to carry on sweeping the dross out and bringing players like Digne Richarlison and Bernard in. He’s shown he’s ruthless enough. Next out the first team door has to be Keane Coleman (with regret) Siggurdson and Walcott.

Plus 10.

Lol this forums funny, he’s gash for most of the season then one 45 minute spell and people all of a sudden have hope again.

People will be back to doubting him after the West Ham match :p
That's because he is as inconsistent in his selections and subs as this team. Personally prepared to give him longer but we must see more consistency next season.

Last two acceptable seasons we've had in terms of place in table and performance have been when we hit 60+ goals: 2013/14 and 2015/16. When you hit that sort of tally things start taking care of themselves.

It's difficult for us to compete at defence with "top" clubs, and that's where they usually have it over the rest of the league. The number of very good defenders is smaller than the pool of very good forwards. We'll get decent recruits in that area if we're lucky. Look at our goals conceded stats for the last few seasons: on average for the last five seasons we've conceded roughly 50 goals. Very good defenders can accept instruction about systems and zonal set ups asked by the manager to carry out for them, and it leads to a lot of clean sheets.

We have to accept the likelihood that we cant bring in that quality of defender and get a balanced attack in order to alleviate the pressure on our defence by asking them to keep a lot of clean sheets.

Last two acceptable seasons we've had in terms of place in table and performance have been when we hit 60+ goals: 2013/14 and 2015/16. When you hit that sort of tally things start taking care of themselves.

It's difficult for us to compete at defence with "top" clubs, and that's where they usually have it over the rest of the league. The number of very good defenders is smaller than the pool of very good forwards. We'll get decent recruits in that area if we're lucky. Look at our goals conceded stats for the last few seasons: on average for the last five seasons we've conceded roughly 50 goals. Very good defenders can accept instruction about systems and zonal set ups asked by the manager to carry out for them, and it leads to a lot of clean sheets.

We have to accept the likelihood that we cant bring in that quality of defender and get a balanced attack in order to alleviate the pressure on our defence by asking them to keep a lot of clean sheets.

giphy.gif

Dave can you move to the Silva Out camp please, you really dont help.

Status
Not open for further replies.