• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who's disputing arsenal are better than us?

I'm disputing some of the players he has named would take this place into melt down
Erm… you? You know, like 2 minutes ago when you said this?
have they though? what they do have is one of the best strikers in the world papering over the cracks ( they also have lacazatte who is a brilliant player )
We would have different opinions there so a chara.

I dont think its an accurate comparison, comparing our squads quality to the Arsenal one. They have a massively superior squad.

My view is this:

We score more than we did last season.
We concede less.
The players signed this season seem to improve the team.
He seems to have began to fix some of the main issues (set pieces for example).

However, the team lacks leadership and resilience and we are still crying out for a top striker and are still miles away from where any of us want to be.

So plenty to be positive about but a long way to go. That’s why we need patience and at least give a manager some time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/17/everton-chelsea-premier-league

That article perfectly sums up the game yesterday, the situation with Silva for me and accurately assesses some of our players who a large number of fans consistently overhype.

"Ending that barren run against the top six is not insignificant – not least because, if Everton are to break into that upper tier, it would be a major advantage if they could take points off them – but equally there seem few reasons for confidence that next season will be better than this.
That is not to say Silva should be sacked but it is to say that the best argument for keeping him at the moment may be that Everton have sacked so many managers in the recent past that there is a need and a desire that at some point the cycle of bloodletting and the state of permanent transition should end."
That's worthy of a thread of its own on GOT. Completely correct. I hope Silva will make a better argument for his remaining manager from here on in though.

Erm… you? You know, like 2 minutes ago when you said this?

do you make a habit of just making random stuff up?

I said most of the players he mentioned would not make this place go into meltdown

how in this earth is the same as saying they are not better than us, they have two strikers amongst the best in the league, ramsey ozil etc who are significantly better than what we have

Unless the form takes another massive dip in the remaining fixtures, I'd imagine that he's secured his position going into next season now.

I can't say I'll be feeling too optimistic if that's the case. I was certain that we were only a year or two away from a full-blown relegation battle at half-time yesterday.

have they though? what they do have is one of the best strikers in the world papering over the cracks ( they also have lacazatte who is a brilliant player )

In my opinion they do have a vastly superior squad quality wise a chara, yes and significantly so. Away from that its the volume of quality players, where we may have seven odd they have a higher quality collectively in depth. Thats before we look at squad construction and balance.

do you make a habit of just making random stuff up?

I said most of the players he mentioned would not make this place go into meltdown

how in this earth is the same as saying they are not better than us, they have two strikers amongst the best in the league, ramsey ozil etc who are significantly better than what we have
Surely the post I quoted suggests you don’t think their squad as a whole is better than ours? Fair enough if I got the wrong end of the stick but you seemed to be saying that their squad wasn’t better but aubameyang was propping them up. I’m saying that we were miles behind them before aubameyang joined, they very often beat us quite crushingly, and they have a few other players (lacazette, Ozil, Ramsey, torreira) who I think would immediately become our best player. But if you now agree then fine.

Surely the post I quoted suggests you don’t think their squad as a whole is better than ours? Fair enough if I got the wrong end of the stick but you seemed to be saying that their squad wasn’t better but aubameyang was propping them up. I’m saying that we were miles behind them before aubameyang joined, they very often beat us quite crushingly, and they have a few other players (lacazette, Ozil, Ramsey, torreira) who I think would immediately become our best player. But if you now agree then fine.

Ok lets rewind

"Sorry a chara are you comparing our squad to one with Ozil, Lacazette, Toerrira, Auba, Suarez, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Bellerin, Kosciely, Cech, Iwobi. If we signed one of those players it would be one of our greatest transfers ever and this place would melt down."

that was the original post, I then replied as to why most of them wouldn't at all make this place go into meltdown, however some of the players they do have are FAR superior than what we have ( ie aubamayang lacazatte etc ) and as you never mentioned players like cech and koscielny above im assuming you agree with me that they wouldn't be our greatest transfers either?

also toerrira wouldn;t come in and be our best player because he's no better than gana is

Ok lets rewind

"Sorry a chara are you comparing our squad to one with Ozil, Lacazette, Toerrira, Auba, Suarez, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Bellerin, Kosciely, Cech, Iwobi. If we signed one of those players it would be one of our greatest transfers ever and this place would melt down."

that was the original post, I then replied as to why most of them wouldn't at all make this place go into meltdown, however some of the players they do have are FAR superior than what we have ( ie aubamayang lacazatte etc ) and as you never mentioned players like cech and koscielny above im assuming you agree with me that they wouldn't be our greatest transfers either?

also toerrira wouldn;t come in and be our best player because he's no better than gana is
We don’t need to rewind, I’ve just said I was working on the basis of your second post not the original one, I just quoted the wrong one. I don’t disagree about the likes of check etc, but you appeared to be suggesting that their overall squad wasn’t better than ours. As I’ve already said, if I misunderstood then I apologise.

Unless the form takes another massive dip in the remaining fixtures, I'd imagine that he's secured his position going into next season now.

I can't say I'll be feeling too optimistic if that's the case. I was certain that we were only a year or two away from a full-blown relegation battle at half-time yesterday.
Amazing how people are differently preoccupied at halftime. There was I freezing to death and wondering how we might survive the 2nd half, while you were peering into the distant future about probable relegation. Seriously, relegation very rarely figures in our calculations unlike many other clubs (we did skate close twice a few decades ago). We have only been relegated twice in 141 years. Arsenal have never been relegated since WWI, apart from that we are unique in that respect. Rest easy, we might face more tough times ahead but defo not relegation. Some on this forum were pretending to believe we might go down this season. There are always some.

We don’t need to rewind, I’ve just said I was working on the basis of your second post not the original one, I just quoted the wrong one. I don’t disagree about the likes of check etc, but you appeared to be suggesting that their overall squad wasn’t better than ours. As I’ve already said, if I misunderstood then I apologise.

I don't accept your apology im fuming now, tell me arsenal are crap right now

Status
Not open for further replies.