• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not completely different. Moyes finished 17th on 30 odd points, it’s a sacking offence for Huddersfield and Fulham never mind Everton.

You wouldnt be sacked for keeping Huddersfield in the premier league, 17th place or otherwise.

Moyes had a poor season that year but was faced with a far more demanding task than Silva, because the club had zero money to spend and couldn’t attract any talent.

Discussions on whether he should be dismissed should not happen until the season is over when everything is looked at in the cold light of day.
As a club we have become a laughing stock sacking managers at a drop of a hat how long are we prepared to give a manager? 3 months ? 6 months? Nobody could sort this mess out in that time.
There has been positives:
The signings have been quality , there are no signs of him losing the dressing room.We have given the lovables 2 of the hardest games they have had all season.
I am still in the Silva camp but if Brands recommends someone better at the end of the season I would support them as well(apart from the FSW) but please let's do it properly and not knee jerk.

You say the signings have been quality but then I ask the following:

1. Considering they are Brands signings what input would Silva have in the decisions on these deals

&

2. If they are so good why are we 12th and just 2 points above sides who were involved in the relegation battle until recently?

Discussions on whether he should be dismissed should not happen until the season is over when everything is looked at in the cold light of day.
As a club we have become a laughing stock sacking managers at a drop of a hat how long are we prepared to give a manager? 3 months ? 6 months? Nobody could sort this mess out in that time.
There has been positives:
The signings have been quality , there are no signs of him losing the dressing room.We have given the lovables 2 of the hardest games they have had all season.
I am still in the Silva camp but if Brands recommends someone better at the end of the season I would support them as well(apart from the FSW) but please let's do it properly and not knee jerk.

Agree completely on end of the season. It's the logical time to make the decision. If the board fear us getting into another mess where we need to sack the manager in the autumn, then it's better to make the decision then.

Brands should however be given the final say. If he wants to keep Silva then he should get another season.

You say the signings have been quality but then I ask the following:

1. Considering they are Brands signings what input would Silva have in the decisions on these deals

&

2. If they are so good why are we 12th and just 2 points above sides who were involved in the relegation battle until recently?
How can you say they are Brands signings?
I would image the manager also has an input.
If they were bad signings I bet you would be saying they were Silvas signings.
Re your second question it takes time to build a team which was point in first place.
We can never move forward until we get rid of all the dead wood.

How can you say they are Brands signings?
I would image the manager also has an input.
If they were bad signings I bet you would be saying they were Silvas signings.
Re your second question it takes time to build a team which was point in first place.
We can never move forward until we get rid of all the dead wood.

Brands is the DOF mate and thus makes the signings - anyone who thinks Silva makes signings doesnt understand the role of a DOF.

RE the deadwood I agree however most of our deadwood doesnt play.

The only players in our regular starting 11 side who aint any better than players around us in the table are the likes of Coleman, Keane and DCL.

Who have Watford, Leicester, West Ham, Bournemouth etc have who are so better?

Richarlison, Siggurdsson, Digne, Zouma, Gana, Gomes would all walk into their sides and Pickford when he's not clowning about.

I couldn't name you a Newcastle player outside of Rondon yet they are 2 points below us.

There is a giant elephant in the room with every post who tries to explain our poor season and it speaks Portuguese...

Outstanding against poor teams?? 1 of the examples I gave you was the Derby...We were excellent against them last week following on from us being outstanding at Anfield, the best team to go there all season.

I’m seeing past the last 30 mins at Newcastle cause there’s mitigating circumstances for me that can be addressed in time. I’m focussing in the outstanding first hour which was an example of what our manager can produce and as a supporter I’m looking for more of that.

I admire your stance over Moyes....you obviously wouldn’t call for him to get sacked for finishing 17th in his first full season....30 odd points despite having the greatest young striker in the world in his team, lost about 5 nil on the last day to the team in 16th, lost the last 5 or 6 in a row, massive big spending teams like Bolton, Charlton, Fulham and Birmingham in the top 10....no, I’m sure you’d be on here now saying how he’s doing a decent job.

That’s incorrect. Moyes got 7th in his first season.

Outstanding against poor teams?? 1 of the examples I gave you was the Derby...We were excellent against them last week following on from us being outstanding at Anfield, the best team to go there all season.

I’m seeing past the last 30 mins at Newcastle cause there’s mitigating circumstances for me that can be addressed in time. I’m focussing in the outstanding first hour which was an example of what our manager can produce and as a supporter I’m looking for more of that.

I admire your stance over Moyes....you obviously wouldn’t call for him to get sacked for finishing 17th in his first full season....30 odd points despite having the greatest young striker in the world in his team, lost about 5 nil on the last day to the team in 16th, lost the last 5 or 6 in a row, massive big spending teams like Bolton, Charlton, Fulham and Birmingham in the top 10....no, I’m sure you’d be on here now saying how he’s doing a decent job.

That’s incorrect. Moyes got 7th in his first full season.

Allardyce got 8th last season.

Silva came in and added
Digne
Gomes
Mina
Richarlison
Zouma
Bernard
And also had lookman back

He has made the team worse while having 7 more players then allardyce had. Decent players I might add, not just squad fillers

He is not good enough, the longer he stays the less compensation we have to give.

It's that simple lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.