• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
your trying to put a positive spin on an absolute disaster of a season, and performances...

and I don't agree with any of it.
engaging (perhaps foolishly) I don't think my views were positive and the last line said it all ...the 'Bads' outweigh the 'Goods'. My attempt was to answer @ijjysmith 's question as to what do the 'keep silva' camp see in him. I think I am about 60/40 in favour of him going at season's end if we can find someone better to take over next season btw.

Pre Moshiri, When Kenwright was the top man, the last few seasons would of seen some serious meltdowns, enough is enough banners and protests, but now pitiful mediocrity is welcome, not sure if people are blinded because of Bramley Moore, if so the club realy have played a blinder
Mediocrity is certainly not welcome.

Its the reality that with this squad of players and what is seen as a young progressive manager , coupled with a DOF of a really good standing have totally underwhelmed.
No one accepts this but we all would sure love to know a way of fixing it.

engaging (perhaps foolishly) I don't think my views were positive and the last line said it all ...the 'Bads' outweigh the 'Goods'. My attempt was to answer @ijjysmith 's question as to what do the 'keep silva' camp see in him. I think I am about 60/40 in favour of him going at season's end if we can find someone better to take over next season btw.

great mush, I have a seat ready for you on the silva out bus, right next to @Lob

alllll aboard the bus, tickets please!

Heard some wierd shouts for Moyes to replace Silva earlier.
I can still vividly recall Moyes second season finishing 17th ( yeah you know the one place above relegation)
If memory serves me right we had 39 points for the season.
Not sure how some on here would react if that was the same this season with Moyes in charge.
He was a very very lucky man for Bill to show some faith in him.
Just wonder if Moshiri feels the same .

Heard some wierd shouts for Moyes to replace Silva earlier.
I can still vividly recall Moyes second season finishing 17th ( yeah you know the one place above relegation)
If memory serves me right we had 39 points for the season.
Not sure how some on here would react if that was the same this season with Moyes in charge.
He was a very very lucky man for Bill to show some faith in him.
Just wonder if Moshiri feels the same .
moyes hadn't just blown 100m on defenders and richarlison and Bernard.

and we will be very lucky to see 39 points this season

I thought this was a great question and reviewing the last few pages no-one answered at all. a couple of people answered in a sarcastic way or from the opposite point of view but really no -one answered. Shame....
So for me I think he might be able to turn it around on the following grounds
- we have some good players in the squad no doubt and it was clearly strengthened after last season
- The first XI now does not include a geriatric CB and LB and does have new mid/attacking talent overlaid on what we had last year.
- In patches we look good - first half against Horse punchers, the last 20 minutes of the Derby, second half at Cardiff. admittedly in patches we look AWFUL too.
- He has shown an ability to drop players based on form (Walcott excepted)
- He has shown the ability to change tactics during a game
- He has shown the ability to make good subs (and bad ones.
On balance the bads outweigh the goods at the moment but that could change...

It’s a good effort and the closest anyone has come to yet. Sadly there’s the opposite argument to nearly every point.

I hope he can turn it all around. But my fear is real.

Was just looking back at this post.

"So in my humble opinion, no area of the squad was weakened, we improved our LBs, our CBs and our Widers, we lost nobody in the window we wished to retain and we gave ourselves a squad able to compete. All in all a very pleasing window for me, improvements made, trash taken out and a vast improvement on windows previously. "

That was the reason I expected 7th, I felt the squad was good enough to grab that position, not cos Sam got 8th really.

I did say in other threads elsewhere that I was impressed with Wolves, West Ham and *cough* Fulhams business, 1 out 3 aint bad right.

I mean I expected 7th, but it wasnt a target he had to reach or I wanted him sacked, im still 50/50 personally on that score.

Of course 11th isnt what I expected.
11th in the league and shambolic early exits from the 2 cup competitions we had chances in.

Complete and utter disaster. Anyone who is 50/50 over wanting him out needs professional help.

Allardyce, because he is a better manager, but they’re not the only two managers in the World.

Nobody said there was. He was suggesting that results are all that matter, so the question was a counterfactual to understand if he truly believed that.

Don't spend too long getting your head around that though.

Answer the question. If you believe results are all that matter, then your answer should be Allardyce.

I prefer Silva out of the two because, unlike you, I don't think that results are all that matter.

That’s why you deserve 11th-15th place because according to you results are not priority. I don’t prefer Silva because as things stand he got less points, won less, conceded more goals with a better squad. It’s not hard to figure out.

Unless he turns this around which you all have been saying this since the derby defeat in early December.

Status
Not open for further replies.