• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s all part of an expectation that falls under the managers remit.
On Saturday his body language after Newcastle got the first sent a message to the team, I am expecting you to collapse.
Leading up to the goal we had played some great football, and looked decent. But it all ended in tears, which is to often.
I touched on the fragile confidence as it is apparently clear it is a factor on an abysmal season. A concern is Silva is a glass half empty fella, and this gloomy persona/approach resonates through to the team.
I do have sympathy with Silva as this shower of players are gutless, and also believe he has taken on a job he is not ready for.... he looks a beaten man sadly
It sounds to me like you expect Silva to have solved the Everton player's tendency to act like complete 'kin cowards which has been a feature of this squad since 2013/14.

And how do you know he looks defeated? His body language looked fine punching the air when the goals were going in.

This.

He had one job after that unlucky defeat.

Lift his team and get them going again.

And we had two extremely winnable games in a row coming down the pike for him to achieve that aim.

But we know what happened next.

Some fans made it out beating the like in Huddersfield, Newcastle, Watford, West Hsm, Leicester and Wolves at home become some kind of mission impossible. How’s things changed.

Last edited:
Yes because you can’t just take fraction of stats and pretended Moyes spent a lot of money in comparison with the past 4 managers. He was managing the club from 2002-2013 not 2002-2009.

I expect the club will go back to what they did before “encourage” a few players to move on - make the player look bad for going and there is the transfer kitty for the sumner. Pickford looks a dead cert to be engineered out of the club to get some money then it will be somebody else next.

Bill will feel like it,s the glory days all over again. The echo will fall in line and a couple of ghost transfer rumors engineered by the club to keep the season tkt holders snapping for next season.

Yes because you can’t just take fraction of stats and pretended Moyes spent a lot of money in comparison with the past 4 managers. He was managing the club from 2002-2013 not 2002-2009.
The period he managed afterward dragged the average spend right down. However, that doesn't nullify the point I made about him spending some decent cash up to 2009.

<sigh>

It sounds to me like you expect Silva to have solved the Everton player's tendency to act like complete 'kin cowards which has been a feature of this squad since 2013/14.

And how do you know he looks defeated? His body language looked fine punching the air when the goals were going in.
I expect the players he brought in to have the right mentality, I expect him to instil a winning mentality and instill a fighting mentality... like in the Derby.
I don’t believe this squad is a bad squad, I think it is a decent squad, but as you say cowards. I strongly believe Silva and Brands should of bought leaders and winners, so he has a responsibility in the cowardness we can all see
As for punching the air, so he should... but needs to show his qualities when things go against us...

As mentioned he isn’t ready for such a high profile role

The period he managed afterward dragged the average spend right down. However, that doesn't nullify the point I made about him spending some decent cash up to 2009.

<sigh>

I judge his spending by the duration of his tenure at the club. Much like I judge a manager by his entire career at the club not singling out his best season.

I expect the players he brought in to have the right mentality, I expect him to instil a winning mentality and instill a fighting mentality... like in the Derby.
I don’t believe this squad is a bad squad, I think it is a decent squad, but as you say cowards. I strongly believe Silva and Brands should of bought leaders and winners, so he has a responsibility in the cowardness we can all see
As for punching the air, so he should... but needs to show his qualities when things go against us...

As mentioned he isn’t ready for such a high profile role
Well it's abetter response than just screaming Silva out.

I implore you and all other right minded people to hand this man more time.

One thing this whole episode has taught me is that the Red Echo are absolute cowards who won't dare challenge this fella.

Its absolutely amazing the narrative they have created ie. Its all the players fault and its Marco's job to drop x,y,z to get us back forward.

Ive seen:

Walcott
Richarlison
Pickford
Coleman
Gomes
Siggurdsson

All regularly picked on yet the elephant in the room consistently escapes questioning.

I wonder why...

Everton boss Marco Silva could face punishment from the FA after confronting referee Lee Mason following the 3-2 defeat to Newcastle on Saturday.

Everton had led 2-0 at half-time before Newcastle staged a remarkable second half comeback, but Silva was furious with the match officials at the end of the game, taking to the pitch to confront them.

The FA have now said they will review the referee's report before deciding whether to take any action against Silva, who insisted five players had been in offside positions in the build up to Ayoze Perez's winning goal.

Should have chinned him......

Status
Not open for further replies.